New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    i've been planning to get a brand new a/t hyundai i10, although units will be available by august pa...

quotations given to me last march:

1.1 m/t P568,000
    dp - 59,000 (all-in)
    60 months - 11,270
    total - P735,200

1.1 a/t P608,000
    dp - 69,000
    60 months - 12,000
    total - P789,000

noticed the hefty 50k price difference?...that's how they price them in here in ILOILO...they say its the shipping cost...and the SA explained some hyundai casa-advantages if the car is purchased from them and not in manila...anyway, didn't pay much attention that time...btw, are the terms fair enough?...already asked BPI and metrobank for quotations and was surprised that the dealer's terms are better...just learned it's also BPI financed...actually thought it's gonna be in-house financing...haven't asked BDO and maybank yet...maybank here is known for having the lowest and best auto-loan terms...we'll see...

BUT, i just learned from a hyundai SA that the i10 has the same platform as that of the picanto...so would a 2005 kia picanto that costs 300k below would be a nice and cheaper alternative?...at least i can get a 2005-up car for not more than 300k...it's still relatively new...

or should i get a bigger car for that 300k budget?...i've always been a fan of minicompacts kasi mula nang lumabas ang picanto...

btw, i'm a newbie...a licensed driver who doesn't know how to drive yet...hehe

any inputs or suggestions will be highly appreciated... :D

P.S. is fuel consumption really an issue against the i10, esp. with a matic tranny?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    try the alto! SUZUKI!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    you can try buying here in Manila, then have it shipped for free (or you can drive it).

if that's the price, consider KIA Rio and Accent CRDI (as low as 599k, depending on your haggling skillz)

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    i find the alto too small...but the celerio looks good...

i believe that 599k price for accent is good for fleet-purchase...still 690k for single, personal purchase...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    i'm now considering to get suzuki celerio...i just have to research some more...just got a quotation from the dealer (same dealer of hyundai in iloilo)...same D/P as the i10, P59,000 for m/t...11,450 for 60 months...unit price is P579,000...another issue here is warranty though...hyundai has 5-year warranty, suzuki offers 3 only...

should i go for celerio?...or wait for the availability of the i10?...or just settle for a good 2nd hand car?...dami ko na kasi nabasa na iba talaga ang feel at vibe pag brand new... :D

waitin' for more replies...TIA

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chips View Post
    i'm now considering to get suzuki celerio...i just have to research some more...just got a quotation from the dealer (same dealer of hyundai in iloilo)...same D/P as the i10, P59,000 for m/t...11,450 for 60 months...unit price is P579,000...another issue here is warranty though...hyundai has 5-year warranty, suzuki offers 3 only...

should i go for celerio?...or wait for the availability of the i10?...or just settle for a good 2nd hand car?...dami ko na kasi nabasa na iba talaga ang feel at vibe pag brand new... :D
    If you are on a budget, why not opt for a 2nd hand car of two years or less of age? With less than two years, it would still be as reliable as brand new with original warranty still available if needed. Also you would avoid the big initial depreciation of the value of the brand new car. The money you save can be used elsewhere.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Suzuki is known for very expensive (and hard to find) parts.

Anyway, why dont you just buy a vios? 1.3J is around 585K i think. It's bigger too.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    If you are on a budget, why not opt for a 2nd hand car of two years or less of age? With less than two years, it would still be as reliable as brand new with original warranty still available if needed. Also you would avoid the big initial depreciation of the value of the brand new car. The money you save can be used elsewhere.
    i'm considering that too...that's why i'm asking if a 2005/2006 picanto or getz would be a nice alternative...you can get them for 260k to 330k (manila price)...but i'm pegging my budget for a used car at 250k, kung kaya...what attracts me to the hyundai/suzuki offer is the low, low D/P...that's all in...medyo mabigat kasi yung 20-30% DP required by banks for other cars...hindi pa kasama LTO, insurance, and chattel...and when i computed it, mas tipid pa rin ng konti yung offer nila considering na ang baba pa ng downpayment...

anybody here who has an idea on how much really it is to ship a car? (sakaling sa manila ako kukuha)...or if i get a brand new one, is it better to just purchase it here?...'coz they say you get "special" treatment from casas when your unit is bought from them or locally...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Suzuki is known for very expensive (and hard to find) parts.

Anyway, why dont you just buy a vios? 1.3J is around 585K i think. It's bigger too.
    really???...i thought japanese brands have cheap spare parts...hmmm...thanks for the info...

vios is so common (taxi units everywhere)...but if it's black, i find it nice-looking...my issue here is it's looks remain the same since 2007...i'd rather get the avanza, mas marami pa makakasakay...if only i have the budget, i'd get the 2009 honda city 1.3 S M/T...pero masyado mabigat both the DP and MA...hayyy

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *CHIPS

whatever car you decide to get, make sure there is a local service shop (casa and others) that can handle the maintenance and repair for that car in the place where you live.

i want an i10 but would a 2nd hand picanto be a cheaper alternative?