New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Hi guys. New member here. I've been reading a couple of topics here and i've learned a lot of things already. But i still need advice on which car to pick with a 300k budget. 280k for the car itself and i'm setting aside 20k for repairs. My biggest concern really is the odometer tampering and flood situation of the vehicle. Any tips on how to spot a tampered odometer or flooded vehicle? I'm eyeing for either a civic, city, or altis with manual tranny. Any engine displacement is fine. What's the latest model my budget could get for either of these cars? It's really a challenge finding a direct seller given my limited network but i also would like to stay away, as much as possible, from buy and sell people, as they tend to conceal the true nature of the vehicle's history. Well, not everybody, but most of them. Can you please advise. I need your inputs.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    If I have that budget I'll choose Hoda City or Toyota Vios.

odometer tampering is hard to spot specially if the odometer is digital. If it is casa maintained you can verify check with the dealer. also check for other signs of unusual wear.. like steering wheel, shift knob and etc...

Flooded vehicle tends to accumulate rust/surface rust under the seat or metal parts... try to look for them.. wipe your hand under the seat if it is too rusted its flooded.. to give you an idea my 1996 vti has no rust residue when you wipe your hand under the seat. Check for the stereo if it is still the original one...

Its really best to buy used cars from person you know and trust...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try to look for sa mga online classifieds na direct owner, o mismo dito sa tsikot classifieds.
    among your choices, i would be getting an altis... may papasok dyan na model 2002-2004.

Six Tips: How to Identify a Flood Damaged Car
    eBay Guides - Flooded vehicles signs and symptoms

I need help choosing my first car. 300k budget.