New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Hello! This is my first post here in Tsikot. (Im just lurking for almost 6 months!)

I need your opinion guys as we are to buy a second hand (Compact or midsized)SUV.
    the budget is up to 550k

Namimili ako dito sa dalawa:

Tucson (Crdi variant)/(Gas Variant:if ever na 7-8 km/L) 2005-2007
    Ford Escape (2.0 - 2.3) 2004 - 2006

*FC
    *Ride quality
    *performance
    *maintenance
    and others

I know na Tucson Crdi ang panalo talaga sa FC pero
    if Gas Tucson vs Escape kaya?
    at kung hindi naman nalalayo sa CRV 2nd gen ang FC,eh baka CRV na nga lang ^_^

Pero bago ako nag end sa dalawang yan eto pa yung iba kong pinagpilian:
    -Crosswind
    -CR-V 2000-2004( 2004 model sana kaso gas guzzler eh)
    -Nissan X-Trail (may lalabas na bago ang Nissan so maphase out ito?)
    -Rav4 (2001-2005) (this is my pick kaso mahal talaga eh)

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    I'd pick either between the Tucson CRDi and the X-Trail.

If picking the Escape, forget the 2.0 variant. More weaker and less fuel efficient than the 2.3L.

Crosswind is ok but if you're using the car all the time by yourself (ie family trips are rare), compact suvs are better choices, and the third row seats are useless in this matter.

Let us know what you really need more.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Tucson CRDi or X-Trail.

Yung bagong X-Trail last year pa lumabas pero buhay pa naman ngayon yung Tokyo Edition eh.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    I'm kinda leaning towards a compact SUV because of the looks ^_^ though sometimes we really need a space.
    I'll be using this mostly for going to school and family trip(biweekly).(We are 5 in the family).

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    The Tucson gen 1 looks good kapag nabihisan na rin. Try to install the OEM 17s or 18s ng 2010 Tucson, bagay brad.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Is the FC of the Tucson Gas variant that bad? would it be the same as the x-trails? kasi if same lang naman then ill go for the x-trail

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Between the two, for looks and durability get the Escape. Its got excellent underpinings that can handle a lot of abuse and is one of the few CUVs in its class that can actually go deep off road. But if you're particular about the fuel mileage, then the Tucson is for you. But I personally really don't like the looks, and I'm not sure as to the durability of the suspension.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    We're not choosing between Tucson and Escape anymore because of some reasons.

New choice would be a Toyota Rav4, Nissan X-Trail, honda cr-v and AUV's like Crosswind and Adventure.

I am now thinking between buying a brand new Adventure worth 800+ k or buy a second hand CUV worth 500+K

(should i rename this thread?)

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    I suggest springing out for a brand new Adventure, nothing beats a brand new car

Balitaan mo kami ah.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    whew been busy for the past months and mas gumanda choice namin. Fortuner and Montero na ang pinagpaipiliian. My brother picked the Montero. Though sabi ko sa kanya na i-test drive niya muna pareho. Talagang gusto niya yung montero and hayun nagapply na and hopefully we'll get it before November. Thanks po ^_^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hyundai Tucson (Crdi) 2005 vs Ford Escape 2004-2006