New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by softbank21 View Post
    Hi Guys,

looking for your expertise po sana regarding Car.

I'm Looking for Hyundai Elantra 2011 to 2013 model and Hyundai Accent 2013 to 2015.

any advantages of elantra over accent?

spare parts po? di ba mahirap hanapan ng spare parts ang hyundai in Philippines?

Salamat po. balak ko na po bumili ng 2nd hand car this week.

salamat po sa mga makakatulong.

dagdagan mo lang budget mo ng mga 50k makakakuha ka na ng Hyundai Accent CRDI 2013 sa price na 400k un pinaka sulit for me na bibilhin. Kung porma naman ung gusto mo go for Elantra. Pero pag fuel consumption mas ok accent especially the CRDI version.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    I'd advise the nonCVT previous gen Yaris.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    errr...
    is this the one with speedometer still at the center, or already at the left?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    errr...
    is this the one with speedometer still at the center, or already at the left?
    The one tha still in the center.
    I don't know but I hate that thing

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    The one tha still in the center.
    I don't know but I hate that thing

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
    its sister model vios seems popular enough...
    but TS might find it "too old".
    heh heh.

personally, i have nothing against popular old cars that have been properly maintained.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Hi,

thanks for the inputs.

actually i'm okay with old cars. it's just that i'm not skilled enough to look for it if its being taken cared well.

that's why i'm looking for a newer car/model.

i favor Elantra for its porma and bigat. ka linya daw sya ng civic and altis. is this correct?

for accent, i saw an affordable one with low mileage and recent mileage, from bank.

if only Toyota's resale value is the same with hyundai, then i would choose the latter.

budget restricts the choices really.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    elantra owner here. no issues naman. just change the oil every 5000km. suspension wear and tear. weakness is the rear shocks(huge discussion over at hyundai forums).. but i do too many km/month
    kaya i kill shocks too fast. transmission is heavy duty. justt change atf every 24-36month and the pcv too.. original brake pads are heavy duty. you need to ask the owner if he has changed the fuel filter.

most important to ask owner is the steering coupler. there are guys who do this in the elantra owners club. minor issue that can be addressed really quick.

for owners we use hemanual.org nandito lahat. torque specs. intervals. service instructions

7. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    elantra owner here. no issues naman. just change the oil every 5000km. suspension wear and tear. weakness is the rear shocks(huge discussion over at hyundai forums).. but i do too many km/month
    kaya i kill shocks too fast. transmission is heavy duty. justt change atf every 24-36month and the pcv too.. original brake pads are heavy duty. you need to ask the owner if he has changed the fuel filter.

most important to ask owner is the steering coupler. there are guys who do this in the elantra owners club. minor issue that can be addressed really quick.

for owners we use hemanual.org nandito lahat. torque specs. intervals. service instructions

Hi sir. Thank you for inputs po.

I really like the look exterior and interior of elantra also the fact that it has a more powerful engine than accent.

My only worries is that its 2013 compared to 2016 accent which is looks really new with only 26k mileage. Im not good in checking cars, thats why im really inclined with accent.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post

Hi Sir Stock,

Elantra na po napili ko. may mga tips po ba kayo for checking. i dont have a skilled mechanic to accompany me.

will be checking po tomorrow.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by softbank21 View Post
    Hi Sir Stock,

Elantra na po napili ko. may mga tips po ba kayo for checking. i dont have a skilled mechanic to accompany me.

will be checking po tomorrow.
    you can go to any motech shop for evaluation. I think they have a multipoint inspection. be careful lng. like anyshop they will upsell. they reco to change this or that na hindi naman kailangan. ask the seller for approval... if they really are honest they let you pay for the gas and inspections.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    To TS, check mo yung rattle/vibration ng engine from cold start or idle. I have 2015 elantra almost same as the 2013, last month na diagnose na palitin na ang engine support. Other than that wala naman ibang problem normal lang na change oil and pinalitan na spark plugs. Mine is overseas model nga pala with 1.8 engine. Isang plus kay elantra yung luwag ng interior. Hope this help.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast