New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    I traded in my car for a new one. I already have all the docs ready (both as seller and sellee).

How long does it typically take for LTO to register and transfer ownership of the cars? Is a day enough?

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by erizzy View Post
    I traded in my car for a new one. I already have all the docs ready (both as seller and sellee).

How long does it typically take for LTO to register and transfer ownership of the cars? Is a day enough?

the weak link is the chpg clearance. "special" is while-you-wait. regular is come back after a few days.
    the LTO will take less than 2 hours.
    this is assuming, you can drive to the venues easy and not get caught in traffic, and you are ahead of the crowd. and the computers are online!!!

also, have other requirements available ahead of time. insurance.. emissions testing.. these have to be uploaded online. pity if the computers are down...
    Last edited by dr. d; September 4th, 2018 at 10:22 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the weak link is the chpg clearance. "special" is while-you-wait. regular is come back after a few days.
    the LTO will take less than 2 hours.
    this is assuming, you can drive to the venues easy and not get caught in traffic, and you are ahead of the crowd. and the computers are online!!!

also, have other requirements available ahead of time. insurance.. emissions testing.. these have to be uploaded online. pity if the computers are down...
    Thanks for the heads up! I guess expecting everything to be done in a day is pretty unrealistic. Haha

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sabay mo na lang sa registration.. para isang puntahan na lang sa LTO..

but you have to do HPG Clearance ahead of that..

5. Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Magkano po pag ipapa’reguster mo yung sasakyan na hnd na’register for almost 2 years na?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexxmarcuzz View Post
    Magkano po pag ipapa’reguster mo yung sasakyan na hnd na’register for almost 2 years na?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you will have to pay for the two years' non-registration, plus the fines.
    everything else is the same.