New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Hello folks!

I'll be buying my second car and I just decided to go for a Honda City over my initially preferred Nissan Almera.

I've made inquiries to several Honda dealers in Metro Manila. I'll be paying the car in full and so far Nissan Shaw and Nissan Pasig gave me a whopping Php 50,000 discount for the 1.5 VX Navi variant. Since I'm living in QC, I showed the quotation to Honda Quezon Ave who only quoted Php 20,000 discount. I told the SC that if she can match Shaw/Pasig, then I'll buy the unit from Q. Ave since the dealership is the most proximate to where I live. She said she can only offer Php 30,000 discount and assured me that the unit I'll get is really brand new and not an "aging unit".

Clouds roam my head again. Is it a marketing tactic or is it a reality that if a dealer provides substantial discount, they prolly give you an "aging unit". Sorry, I'm just paranoid.

And to those who bought their unit from Honda Shaw or Pasig (which I think is both managed by Honda Makati), how was your experience? Do they have a reputation of giving brand new but "aged" units? Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tan2x View Post
    Hello folks!

I'll be buying my second car and I just decided to go for a Honda City over my initially preferred Nissan Almera.

I've made inquiries to several Honda dealers in Metro Manila. I'll be paying the car in full and so far Nissan Shaw and Nissan Pasig gave me a whopping Php 50,000 discount for the 1.5 VX Navi variant. Since I'm living in QC, I showed the quotation to Honda Quezon Ave who only quoted Php 20,000 discount. I told the SC that if she can match Shaw/Pasig, then I'll buy the unit from Q. Ave since the dealership is the most proximate to where I live. She said she can only offer Php 30,000 discount and assured me that the unit I'll get is really brand new and not an "aging unit".

Clouds roam my head again. Is it a marketing tactic or is it a reality that if a dealer provides substantial discount, they prolly give you an "aging unit". Sorry, I'm just paranoid.

And to those who bought their unit from Honda Shaw or Pasig (which I think is both managed by Honda Makati), how was your experience? Do they have a reputation of giving brand new but "aged" units? Thanks.
    Kung kaya mo kunin yung date ng arrival dito sa port sa dealership, yan ang assurance mo na bagong bago talaga ibibigay sayo.

Kung gusto mo talaga "new" unit mapunta sayo, reserve ka tapos sabihin mo sa agent that he/she should give you na pinakabagong arrival from port.

That is if may "power" ka to do that..

My 2 cents...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    whats wrong with an older car? wala naman issues. if you have problems covered naman ng 3yr warranty.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    whats wrong with an older car? wala naman issues. if you have problems covered naman ng 3yr warranty.
    Maybe paranoid lang ako. Baka kasi yung pinag-uupuan (or worst napag-ututan) na ng mga nagcacanvass yung ibibigay o kaya nasampolan ng test drive ng malaharabas o newbie na driver.

Maybe marketing psych din ng q. ave. so that sa kanila ako kukuha.

Niways, salamat sa inyong practical opinions. Will let you know if I get the car

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    How could there be aging units kung laging out of stock. ;)

But seriously... Several weeks vs several days.... walang pinagkaiba. They'll both depreciate to around 90% their value the moment they hand you the keys.

6. Join Date
    May 2017
    I think the honda city is manufactured na here right?

Sent from my SM-A600G using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
    I think the honda city is manufactured na here right?

Sent from my SM-A600G using Tapatalk
    Yes dito na manufactured yung City..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by tan2x View Post
    Maybe paranoid lang ako. Baka kasi yung pinag-uupuan (or worst napag-ututan) na ng mga nagcacanvass yung ibibigay o kaya nasampolan ng test drive ng malaharabas o newbie na driver.

Maybe marketing psych din ng q. ave. so that sa kanila ako kukuha.

Niways, salamat sa inyong practical opinions. Will let you know if I get the car
    go for the biggest discount. 1yr free fuel na yan or ceramic tints.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    try to look at the seatbelt seal yung parang papel na naka attached may date naka lagay dun, hindi nag kakalayo sa date of manufactured ng car

Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    VIN decoder

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast