New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Hi guys,

Please help naman dyan...
    I am planning to buy a used Honda Civic LXI 2001 model M/T for 240k pero try ko pa kung matawaran ito hanggang 230k. Kaya lang medyo hesitant ako dahil ang mileage nito ay nasa 170000 na. Lady & first owner ang may-ari. Sabi niya lumaki ang mileage nito dahil ginagamit niya ito transport nung college siya from Alabang to Dasma. I am not sure kung best buy ito sa ganitong price.

Magkikita kami this Saturday para sa final check ng car before ko bilhin.
    I need your expert advice. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle30 View Post
    Hi guys,

I am planning to buy a used Honda Civic LXI 2001 model M/T for 240k pero try ko pa kung matawaran ito hanggang 230k. Kaya lang medyo hesitant ako dahil ang mileage nito ay nasa 170000 na. Lady & first owner ang may-ari. Sabi niya lumaki ang mileage nito dahil ginagamit niya ito transport nung college siya from Alabang to Dasma. I am not sure kung best buy ito sa ganitong price.

Mileage isn't the sole basis if the car is a good buy or not. Check its overall condition, better yet bring a trusted mechanic with you. HTH!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle30 View Post
    Hi guys,

Well for me, kung yung mileage alone ang pag uusapan natin i think 170,000kms on its odometer is just moderate use. I can say this bacause i myself owned a brand new car (3 years ago) and i use in going to work, about 52kms vice-versa and it is only 40mins a day, averaging 20,000km/yr. In that figure i will get 180,000kms in my odometer for 9 years assuming same usage everyday. I mean this mileage is still low for a 9 year old car. I dont believe some other people saying their car is 75,000kms for an age of 12-15 years... especially those buy and sell car.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    So guys do you think this is a best buy car for its price?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    shop around. find out how much is the prevailing price for the vehicle with the same specs and condition. that's the only way you can determine if the vehicle is over-priced or not. do the leg-work. do the math as well. calculate for the depreciation so you can have a clear view of how much the car is worth.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    at that price, i would hesitate to buy a car whose mileage is over 100K. Because there are plenty other choices out there with considerably less mileage. the owner may honestly think the car is problem-free. but that high a mileage... you do the math.
    tawaran mo. as much as you can get away with.
    my 98 centavos' worth..