New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    hello peeps! owing to the fact that the mmc of the honda civic might take a while(or a lifetime), would a entry level impreza be a good substitute for a 1.8s civic?

your thoughts and opinions are appreciated

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DSKolokoy View Post
    hello peeps! owing to the fact that the mmc of the honda civic might take a while(or a lifetime), would a entry level impreza be a good substitute for a 1.8s civic?

your thoughts and opinions are appreciated
    are talking about a 7th Gen Civic? or FD 8th Gen?

if yung entry level, na 2R-S, 150-200K difference in price ng dalawa..
    if rarity habol mo, go for the impreza... though i personally don't like its looks... but the white version looks nice in person, matching the clear tail lights nia. i saw a blue one and a black near our office. para lang Mazda3 na hatch.. plus the scoop is way-off looking, and once the luster of the showroom shine diminshes, parang lumang car... but then again, that's me.. once ko lang na drive ang impreza ng cousin ko sa SCTEX... ang sarap i-pang hataw...

kaso i live in Pasig and work in Makati.. both traffic plagued areas kaya useless speed nia.

Civic is cheaper, easier to maintain, plus proven and tested na ren since the FD has been out for a while... plus cheaper in SRP..

just my two cents

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    impreza! i always drool over it everytime i see one on the road. hehehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The imprezza has awd. I'd personally choose it if not for the rarity of parts...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    AWD impreza all the wayyyyyyyyyyy

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    i believe we're "settling" for the current FD civic. the current impreza doesn't look nearly as good as its predecessor. if i could still find the previous impreza version thats brand new i'd scoop it up without hesitation but alas no

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Impreza handles better than the Civic, though the Civic's steering is sharper. The Impreza also rides better and has nice, sporty, supportive seats (the Civic's are supportive, but very hard). The Civic has the edge in straightline acceleration, and it has a much bigger rear seat... but the Subaru definitely feels like a classier car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

honda civic 7th gen vs subaru impreza