New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hi Guys,

I've decided to get a Honda Civic. Gwapo + Features = Panalo. My work is a sales, I go on provincial trips very often average of 3 times per week -- calabarzon area lang naman farthest na ang Quezon and Batangas area. Do you think ma bugbog yun? or di bagay. Should I just go for an SUV DSL like a Tucson? Not really a fan of Pick-ups kas

TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Kaya yan 24/7 unless meron baha or banging.. Go for it. I use an Elantra for business on shyty roads. I like it as it is.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by StockEngine; November 29th, 2016 at 01:21 AM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Same reply to your posting on other thread.

New Civic ground clearance is way lower as compared previous model.

To compare with other cars.
    New Civic- 133mm (prev gen 150mm)
    Altis - 150mm
    Tucson - 172mm

So if there are bumpy roads and with little flooding, I'd find alternative route with my Civic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Well, except for those really unpaved roads with big rocks protruding all over (which is not a good road for any sedans for that matter), the Civic could just handle it. Just be wary of the sharp humps and bumps when you bring it down the province.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Sales din ako dati, long drives, I don't know how newer diesel rides now feel, but back then when I first used a diesel pick-up coming from a car, sumakit ang katawan ko for several days. So the best pa rin ang car, lalo na pang trabaho, para di bugbog ang katawan. Additional input lang kasi nasagot na naman basically yung concern about sayad sa unpaved roads.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I have an Altis which I use for long drives, it's good 80% of the time - NLEX, SCTEX, TPLEX, OG Road, McArthur. However, when you go to provinces with poor roads like Bataan (Roman Highway), you'll really appreciate the heavy-duty suspension of SUVs.

The ground clearance isn't the issue, even in provinces with poor roads, you won't scrape your car. But big potholes are really felt inside the cabin, compared to SUVs that absorb them like they're just small pockmarks. Crossovers are somewhere in between, though the Tucson is a soft-roader and isn't really much better than a sedan. The Tucson is nowhere as durable as a Fortuner/MUX/Everest.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    go for SUV diesel ..para sulit kunsumo..mataas pa.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by kabushis View Post
    Hi Guys,

I've decided to get a Honda Civic. Gwapo + Features = Panalo. My work is a sales, I go on provincial trips very often average of 3 times per week -- calabarzon area lang naman farthest na ang Quezon and Batangas area. Do you think ma bugbog yun? or di bagay. Should I just go for an SUV DSL like a Tucson? Not really a fan of Pick-ups kas

TIA
    looks like youve made up your mind already, my only issue with diesel suvs are the ingress and egress of small children, get a xv if ground clearance is a priority, no problems with potholes and it drives like a car

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    If ako lang ang masusunod, im definitely getting them SUVs, but budget constraints limits me to the civic or the CRDI Tucson GL (big discount kasi). Kahit papano at leat the tucson gives you that mataas feel.

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I have an Altis which I use for long drives, it's good 80% of the time - NLEX, SCTEX, TPLEX, OG Road, McArthur. However, when you go to provinces with poor roads like Bataan (Roman Highway), you'll really appreciate the heavy-duty suspension of SUVs.

The ground clearance isn't the issue, even in provinces with poor roads, you won't scrape your car. But big potholes are really felt inside the cabin, compared to SUVs that absorb them like they're just small pockmarks. Crossovers are somewhere in between, though the Tucson is a soft-roader and isn't really much better than a sedan. The Tucson is nowhere as durable as a Fortuner/MUX/Everest.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by kabushis View Post
    If ako lang ang masusunod, im definitely getting them SUVs, but budget constraints limits me to the civic or the CRDI Tucson GL (big discount kasi). Kahit papano at leat the tucson gives you that mataas feel.
    Sir, saan ka naka-avail ng Tucson Discount? How much binigay sayo?

Hijacking the thread, also in this situation po, thinking of getting a new car to be used only on weekends and long drives.
    For sub-1M budget, ano po kayang maganda especially now that I have a baby also.

TIA

Honda Civic 2016 - Long Drives?