New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    41
    #1
    Hi sirs,
    Kailangan kong bumili ng second hand car and Im down with these two on my list.

    Alin sa palagay nyo ang mas better choice? Mostly Manila driving and occasional tagaytay subic weekends lang.

    Honda City idsi '06-'08
    Altis 9th gen '05-'07

    As I understand basta wag matic safe ako sa idsi.

    Thanks!

    Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    139
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolo View Post
    Hi sirs,
    Kailangan kong bumili ng second hand car and Im down with these two on my list.

    Alin sa palagay nyo ang mas better choice? Mostly Manila driving and occasional tagaytay subic weekends lang.

    Honda City idsi '06-'08
    Altis 9th gen '05-'07

    As I understand basta wag matic safe ako sa idsi.

    Thanks!

    Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

    IMHO. if same silang dalawa well maintained, sa mileage na lang to magkakatalo.

    I will go with lower milegae.

  3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    38,455
    #3
    try them both out.
    get the more comfortable one.
    as i understand, the altis' driver seat is a bit on the cramped side, if one is a biggie...
    Last edited by dr. d; October 5th, 2020 at 11:10 AM.

  4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,642
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    try them both out.
    get the more comfortable one.
    as i understand, the altis' driver seat is a bit on the cramped side, if one is a biggie...
    If the Altis is cramped, the City IDSI is even smaller.

    If budget permits, look for a Civic FD 2006-2008. Puwede rin a late model Civic ES (2004-2005).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,771
    #5
    city is subcompact but their interior sizes are very similar. altis just slightly wider but this is an issue only if you got 3 people at the back

    city's trunk is HUGE i'm sure it bigger than the altis'. then the city's ULT seats collapse into the floor to create huge flat space

    i got a newer car but i'm still keeping my 06 city. reliable practical car

  6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    968
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    city is subcompact but their interior sizes are very similar. altis just slightly wider but this is an issue only if you got 3 people at the back

    city's trunk is HUGE i'm sure it bigger than the altis'. then the city's ULT seats collapse into the floor to create huge flat space

    i got a newer car but i'm still keeping my 06 city. reliable practical car
    Did the 06-08 City have ULT seats? I never found this "option" to unlock the back seats for our '08 City which we still own to this day. Not complaining as never needed them on it when I drove it daily back then.

    In terms of the generation being asked about City vs Altis of that generation, FC wise, you SHOULD have fuel savings in the Honda City. Most likely, the suspension would need work, but the Altis most likely would need similar work. Our '08 City's suspension doesn't cushion the same anymore but we haven't gone around to replace it. It hasn't completely bottomed out yet (yet being the operative word at mileage of +/-90k kms).

    Brother used to drive a 2001 Altis which I recall is the same generation up to the 2007 or 2008 Altis before it changed to the next gen. Interior space between the 2 is similar.

    Power of the Altis will be enough to get it to coast around 90 to 100kph on the highway without it being too noisy inside. While for the City, it is more comfortable staying 60-80kph. It can hit 100kph, but it will be more noisy inside per my experience.

    Going up and down slopes won't be an issue for both these cars so not really something to be concerned about.

    I can't recall if the 1.6G Altis already came with Single Zone Climate Control or still manual AC Controls. A part of me thinks it is already Climate Control * G trim but I may be mistaken. For the City i-Dsi that is manual AC. It cools, but under the hot summer sun, I'd still prefer it to have the UV rejection tints to aid/help the AC in cooling the cabin better. I recall the Altis had stronger AC in this regard at least.

  7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,063
    #7
    as both cars are more than 10 years old...

    I will choose the car that's in better condition.

  8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    41
    #8
    Thank you sa inyong lahat sirs.

    Yung interior size I think is not that much of a concern for us. Maliliit lang kasi kami husband and wife plus my teenager kid and a 9 year old. Previous gamit namin is Vios both gen 1 and 2 ok naman sa min.

    Gusto ko sanang i-try yung Honda kung sa power vs altis eh di naman nagkakalayo. Concern ko lang kung mag Honda ako either yung City idsi or Civic '05 (7th gen?) is yung maintenance.

    Totoo ba na hindi pwede ang ibang fluids sa Honda? and if so sa casa lang ba ng Honda pwedeng bumili ng fluids?

    Thanks!

    Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

  9. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    755
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolo View Post
    Thank you sa inyong lahat sirs.

    Yung interior size I think is not that much of a concern for us. Maliliit lang kasi kami husband and wife plus my teenager kid and a 9 year old. Previous gamit namin is Vios both gen 1 and 2 ok naman sa min.

    Gusto ko sanang i-try yung Honda kung sa power vs altis eh di naman nagkakalayo. Concern ko lang kung mag Honda ako either yung City idsi or Civic '05 (7th gen?) is yung maintenance.

    Totoo ba na hindi pwede ang ibang fluids sa Honda? and if so sa casa lang ba ng Honda pwedeng bumili ng fluids?

    Thanks!

    Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
    ATF lang maselan. Engine oil kahit sa labas na.

  10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    41
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzegetakizerd View Post
    ATF lang maselan. Engine oil kahit sa labas na.
    Ah ok sir. Sa casa lang din pwede mabili? And ATF pang matic di ba? Kung manual?

    Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Honda City idsi 06-07 vs Altis 05-07 9th Gen