New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Hi guys, I'm from Cebu and quite a newbie searching for my 1st 2nd hand car. Planning to buy it 2nd hand since ayaw ko mag financing for brand new. Budget is 400k but can stretch it a bit.

Will be using the car on fri-mon since nagrerent naman ako near my office. Gusto ko lang talaga bumili kasi hassle mag commute on mon morning and fri night.

Here are my top priorities
    1. Driving dynamics
    2. Maintenance and parts
    3. Fuel consumption
    4. Comfort (yung tipong mabilis lumamig ang cabin kahit tanghali)

Here are my picks naman and estimated price (no particular order). Shortlist ko po ito upon reading many reviews and posts here.
    1. 2012 civic exi - 500k
    2. 2011 civic fd 1.8s - 400k
    3. 2008 mazda 3 2.0 - 350k
    4. 2008 camry 2.4v - 400k
    5. 2008 crv 2.4 - 450k
    6. 2013 accent 1.6 crdi - 500k
    7. 2011 tucson crdi - 500k

Thanks in advance po.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by soul987 View Post
    Hi guys, I'm from Cebu and quite a newbie searching for my 1st 2nd hand car. Planning to buy it 2nd hand since ayaw ko mag financing for brand new. Budget is 400k but can stretch it a bit.

Will be using the car on fri-mon since nagrerent naman ako near my office. Gusto ko lang talaga bumili kasi hassle mag commute on mon morning and fri night.

Here are my top priorities
    1. Driving dynamics
    2. Maintenance and parts
    3. Fuel consumption
    4. Comfort (yung tipong mabilis lumamig ang cabin kahit tanghali)

Here are my picks naman and estimated price (no particular order). Shortlist ko po ito upon reading many reviews and posts here.
    1. 2012 civic exi - 500k
    2. 2011 civic fd 1.8s - 400k
    3. 2008 mazda 3 2.0 - 350k
    4. 2008 camry 2.4v - 400k
    5. 2008 crv 2.4 - 450k
    6. 2013 accent 1.6 crdi - 500k
    7. 2011 tucson crdi - 500k

Thanks in advance po.
    Syempre kung ako, mataas at diesel. Hehe~ Most definitely Tucson CRDi among your choices. Though pwede rin yung '06-09 na Santa Fe (which we have) if having 7 seats appeals to you. At this time of rising fuel prices, and that huge P12/L difference between gas and diesel, this is definitely the prudent way to go.

If you don't mind sacrificing a bit of class and driving dynamics, then the Accent CRDi is the thriftiest of the lot. Performance is not one of the things you'd be sacrificing either, since it has more torque than all of your other choices save the Tucson.

If fuel cost is not a big factor, ok din ang CRV. I've briefly driven one and it is very comfortable and powerful. IMHO interior quality is one step above the Hyundai, and it feels like driving an Accord 2.4 (which we also have, 2.4 2005 model). Yun nga lang, 2.4 na 4x4 pa so don't expect it to be thrifty. Perhaps the 2.0 if that is a concern. With regards to our experience with the Accord though, Honda's are very reliable. Its been in the family since brand new and was my lolo's daily driver till he passed away almost 2 years ago. Pretty much all repairs done on it we're only consumables.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Syempre kung ako, mataas at diesel. Hehe~ Most definitely Tucson CRDi among your choices. Though pwede rin yung '06-09 na Santa Fe (which we have) if having 7 seats appeals to you. At this time of rising fuel prices, and that huge P12/L difference between gas and diesel, this is definitely the prudent way to go.

If you don't mind sacrificing a bit of class and driving dynamics, then the Accent CRDi is the thriftiest of the lot. Performance is not one of the things you'd be sacrificing either, since it has more torque than all of your other choices save the Tucson.

If fuel cost is not a big factor, ok din ang CRV. I've briefly driven one and it is very comfortable and powerful. IMHO interior quality is one step above the Hyundai, and it feels like driving an Accord 2.4 (which we also have, 2.4 2005 model). Yun nga lang, 2.4 na 4x4 pa so don't expect it to be thrifty. Perhaps the 2.0 if that is a concern. With regards to our experience with the Accord though, Honda's are very reliable. Its been in the family since brand new and was my lolo's daily driver till he passed away almost 2 years ago. Pretty much all repairs done on it we're only consumables.

Thanks sa reply sir. I'm actually considering the tucson and sta fe na pasok sa budget. Pero sa nabasa ko didto medjo mahal daw maintenance pag korean tsaka mas safe rin kung yung mga japs ang kunin especially kung more than 5 years na yung vehicle. Plan ko kasi i keep yung car for 10 years

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thanks sa reply sir. I'm actually considering the tucson and sta fe na pasok sa budget. Pero sa nabasa ko didto medjo mahal daw maintenance pag korean tsaka mas safe rin kung yung mga japs ang kunin especially kung more than 5 years na yung vehicle. Plan ko kasi i keep yung car for 10 years
    If you want to keep the car for another 10 years, I would suggest you get either the CRV, Camry, or Civic. Just look at our streets, you will most likely see 20-year-old CRVs, Civics, and Camrys.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    IMHO hindi naman mas mahal. The Koreans actually have the upper hand in ride comfort, handling and crash ratings. Though generally hindi kasing tibay ang piyesa (mostly suspension). However, similar-era Japanese diesels are much more expensive.

The Jap cars you mentioned are mostly very reliable, and will definitely last long with little issues. You just have to shell out more for the fuel cost.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    IMHO hindi naman mas mahal. The Koreans actually have the upper hand in ride comfort, handling and crash ratings. Though generally hindi kasing tibay ang piyesa (mostly suspension). However, similar-era Japanese diesels are much more expensive.

The Jap cars you mentioned are mostly very reliable, and will definitely last long with little issues. You just have to shell out more for the fuel cost.

can you have an estimate FC for the Civic 1.8/2.0, CRV 2.0/2.4, and Camry 2.4? All in a/t.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you want to keep the car for another 10 years, I would suggest you get either the CRV, Camry, or Civic. Just look at our streets, you will most likely see 20-year-old CRVs, Civics, and Camrys.
    Thanks sir, so to have a shortlist:

1. Civic fb exi
    2. Civic fd 1.8/2.0 (facelifted)
    3. Camry 2.4v
    4. 3rd Gen CRV 2.0/2.4

What could be the best value for money in terms of my requirements?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    can you have an estimate FC for the Civic 1.8/2.0, CRV 2.0/2.4, and Camry 2.4? All in a/t.
    Gasoline engine fuel consumption tends to vary a lot depending on traffic conditions, unlike diesels which don't fluctuate as much. In general, city driving FC for 2.4's with automatics range from 5-7km/L, depending on traffic conditions. Double digits on the highway is not uncommon. In most cases, 2.0's are usually only marginally better than their 2.4 brothers, so FC would be thereabouts as well. In the CRV's case though, the 2.0 also has a significant weight advantage due to the lack of AWD. Even bigger advantage if you get the manual variant.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Gasoline engine fuel consumption tends to vary a lot depending on traffic conditions, unlike diesels which don't fluctuate as much. In general, city driving FC for 2.4's with automatics range from 5-7km/L, depending on traffic conditions. Double digits on the highway is not uncommon. In most cases, 2.0's are usually only marginally better than their 2.4 brothers, so FC would be thereabouts as well. In the CRV's case though, the 2.0 also has a significant weight advantage due to the lack of AWD. Even bigger advantage if you get the manual variant.

Factor mo din yung weather condition. Pag summer gasoline engine consume more fuel than rainy days.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    good buy na ba ang 2011 Civic 1.8s at 400k?
    or ipon pa konti para makabili ng FB?
    Mas prefer ko din kasi yung exterior and interior ng FB tsaka parang mas malamig yung A/C niya.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast