New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    laspag ang 1000km/month? how so?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    same inquiry here. how would one know if the 2008 90k km was running on offroad or broken tarmac while 2011 85k kms was purely highway cruising at flat roads. wouldnt a test drive and overall inspection tell which one is driven poorly/abused?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Hindi naman siya nadiscontinue. Yung City/Jazz ang nadiscontinue ang 1.3L variants (now filled in by the Brio). Hindi pa naman tayo makakapagdecide base lang sa sinulat nila. Check out both cars and have a feel of them.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Okay, thanks a lot! <3

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    1. i prefer dealing with first-owner cars. yung seller-owner. no middleman. i want to believe they are more honest than those who make a living by selling cars. also, i prefer seller-owners who are "richer"; those who do not need the money. it somehow gives me the impression that they have money to maintain the car.
    2. MT over AT, if used. MT is, by virtue of its engineering, more robust than AT, and suggests less problems down the road.
    3. younger car over older car. except, if the older is unquestionably in better condition than the younger car.
    4. provenance. "do you know the owner enough, as to assume that he actually took good care of the car?"

5. DON'T RUSH! it's a buyers' market out there! you have the gold, you make the rules! if in doubt, just walk away. marami pang ibang kotse diyan.
    6. go over the car with a fine-tooth comb. if you don't know how, hire somebody who does. always look under the car. under the bumpers. shake the parts. get your hands dirty. it's a used car! no warranties at all. no return-no exchange!

sabi nga ng iba, "bili ka sa duktor".
    heh heh.
    Both are seller-owners. Same. Nageemploy na ng marketing strat yung mga auto dealers eh. Most seller-owners that I've asked just want to get rid of the car due to owning too many cars, or sometimes they want to upgrade to an SUV. Di ako marunong sa MT eh haha and my parents want me to get an A/T talaga kahit na ilang beses ko nang sinabi sakanila na acc. to my research mas durable ang used MT cars. Hiring a mechanic would be a good idea diba? Magkano kaya ang chinacharge ng mga ganun? Thanks for the input btw!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    While MT is without a doubt more fuel efficient and durable in the long run, AT would still be the more practical choice in city driving especially if you have limited experience in driving a manual. Not to mention small displacement gasoline MT's are quite a pain to drive. Constant balancing of clutch and gas in stop and go traffic, unavoidable dip when shifting into gear from neutral while on an incline...

Besides, AT's are not really all that bad nowadays. Our 20 year old Toyota Granvia has 171tkms mileage. Transmission has never been touched.

Sa mechanic depende na sa tao. Kung close kayo he'd probably do it for free. Otherwise, most likely kung magkano ang sinasahuran nya per day.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rhaenys1101 View Post
    2008 model has 90k tkms on it and 2011 model has 85k tkms on it. Which one would be a better buy for 200k something? Huhu. Please enlighten me. Vios talaga gusto ko eh. HAHAHA. Thank you so much!
    Hi Sir, Pampanga din ako. I sent you a PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    baka laspag na din sa grab or uber yan..check mo mabuti..mahirap ng bumili ng second hand ngayon..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12