New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    2008 model has 90k tkms on it and 2011 model has 85k tkms on it. Which one would be a better buy for 200k something? Huhu. Please enlighten me. Vios talaga gusto ko eh. HAHAHA. Thank you so much!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    buti hindi manual or else taxi unit most likely...

i didnt know the prices are that low...

go for the newer car... it probably went thru less floods 😅

try if you can get the service history.. kung wala bring a mechanic to inspect for leaks and rust... most likely the brake rotors and pads need replacement... ac charging maybe needed. sparkplugs are probably seized or needing replacement. transmission oil probably was skipped... spare tire could be useless..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Given that the odometer readings are genuine and accurate, mas laspag ang 2011 unit, travelling around 15tkms per year, as compared to the other unit with just 9000+ kms/year.

I personally prefer the 1.5G, but I suggest you visit both units first and in the meantime, look for more units to compare with.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Given that the odometer readings are genuine and accurate, mas laspag ang 2011 unit, travelling around 15tkms per year, as compared to the other unit with just 9000+ kms/year.

I personally prefer the 1.5G, but I suggest you visit both units first and in the meantime, look for more units to compare with.

laspag ang 1000km/month? how so?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rhaenys1101 View Post
    2008 model has 90k tkms on it and 2011 model has 85k tkms on it. Which one would be a better buy for 200k something? Huhu. Please enlighten me. Vios talaga gusto ko eh. HAHAHA. Thank you so much!
    mura na... kahit saan dyan sa presyo na yan.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    buti hindi manual or else taxi unit most likely...

i didnt know the prices are that low...

go for the newer car... it probably went thru less floods 😅

try if you can get the service history.. kung wala bring a mechanic to inspect for leaks and rust... most likely the brake rotors and pads need replacement... ac charging maybe needed. sparkplugs are probably seized or needing replacement. transmission oil probably was skipped... spare tire could be useless..

Actually I'm looking at 290k and 330k respectively. Very expensive here sa Pampanga. Leaning towards the 2011 one bec. it's black but the 1.5 G's specs is kinda magnetizing hahaha

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shelu View Post
    mura na... kahit saan dyan sa presyo na yan.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Actually looking at 290k and 330k respectively. Idk why they resell old models nang ganun kamahal dito sa Pampanga.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post

Actually yun din ang iniisip ko, kinocompare ko mileage nila mas reasonable yung 1.5 G. With regards to parts accessibility din napaisip ako, hindi ba na-discontinue yung mga 1.3E or is that just for 2010 below? Kaya atm I'm really leaning towards the 1.5 G. What can you say about a 2007 1.5 S btw? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Edit: Eto yung current info ng dalawa.

Toyota vios 1.5g matic 2008 model
    "Top of the line
    First owner 90 millege
    Dual srs airbag
    4 disc brake
    All power window & mirror
    Newly installed 3m tint
    Complete set of sun visor
    Complete set of reserve tires & tools
    Newly installed backing sensor
    Orig keys wd keyless alarm
    Clean intrior cold aircon
    Oem foglights
    Oem mags wd 70% tires
    New chenge oil
    No engine leaks
    No kalampag
    Complete service records *daw*
    Complete papers
    295k"

Vios e matic 2011
    "Newly change oil
    Newly change atf
    New 4pcs sparkplug
    No issue
    Registered
    330k neg for sure buyers
    84k mileage
    1st owner
    Shell Service Records
    Complete papers"

Thank you so much btw to everyone who has responded so far!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Actually yun din ang iniisip ko, kinocompare ko mileage nila mas reasonable yung 1.5 G. With regards to parts accessibility din napaisip ako, hindi ba na-discontinue yung mga 1.3E or is that just for 2010 below? Kaya atm I'm really leaning towards the 1.5 G. What can you say about a 2007 1.5 S btw? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions.
    Hindi naman siya nadiscontinue. Yung City/Jazz ang nadiscontinue ang 1.3L variants (now filled in by the Brio). Hindi pa naman tayo makakapagdecide base lang sa sinulat nila. Check out both cars and have a feel of them.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    1. i prefer dealing with first-owner cars. yung seller-owner. no middleman. i want to believe they are more honest than those who make a living by selling cars. also, i prefer seller-owners who are "richer"; those who do not need the money. it somehow gives me the impression that they have money to maintain the car.
    2. MT over AT, if used. MT is, by virtue of its engineering, more robust than AT, and suggests less problems down the road.
    3. younger car over older car. except, if the older is unquestionably in better condition than the younger car.
    4. provenance. "do you know the owner enough, as to assume that he actually took good care of the car?"

5. DON'T RUSH! it's a buyers' market out there! you have the gold, you make the rules! if in doubt, just walk away. marami pang ibang kotse diyan.
    6. go over the car with a fine-tooth comb. if you don't know how, hire somebody who does. always look under the car. under the bumpers. shake the parts. get your hands dirty. it's a used car! no warranties at all. no return-no exchange!

sabi nga ng iba, "bili ka sa duktor".
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 2nd, 2017 at 11:22 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast