New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    HOW to deal with Swap transaction. What are the documents needed and what are the things i should consider in swapping. I have my oto but it is not yet under my name the car is from my uncle and he got it through tie-ups. the car is still under the name of the 1st owner. I've bought the car from my tito but we did not make any documents like the deed of sale, etc. but he gave me the registration if the car. now i have spotted a nice ride and the owner of the other car agreed on swapping. What should i do?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Clear first the issue with your vehicle, once done your both of you can sign a deed of sale selling your cars with each other with the same price then have it notarized to be legit.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Guy View Post
    Clear first the issue with your vehicle, once done your both of you can sign a deed of sale selling your cars with each other with the same price then have it notarized to be legit.
    Thanks but what if the car is still not on my name?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    if the previous owner had no issue w/ your uncle then may i suggest to transfer first the ownership of the car to your name w/ the help of your uncle since he is the one known to the first owner...before proceeding on selling/swapping to other people in that way all the previous transactions were legally documented...HTH.