New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Hi to to all members. Been reading the forum as a guest and found the discussion very helpful and informative. my first post as a member. I’m planning to buy a medium size car (so out na ang sedan) but the thing is I couldn’t make up my mind on what to buy. Could you guys help.. My situation is a bit complicated so pls bear with me

Here’s the scenario… I have currently vtec 96 car and the budget for another car is 750K.
    we couldn’t afford more than 750K since we are still paying a condo unit You know am from dasma cavite and trying very hard to get out of cavite mainly because of the traffic. Sori guys to those from cavite but traffic is not getting any better. But we still have two stay in cavite for the next two years since the condo construction is still ongoing..
    thus am looking for a car that will give us a comfort and fuel efficient while cruising the terrible aguinaldo traffic everyday and at the same time give us more space. Btw my wife and I working at manila and have two kids (1 and 3 years old).

here are my options:

1. Retain my old car and settle for Zusuki APV or Innova (J)
    2. Retain my old car and buy a second hand CRV
    3. Sell my car and settle for brand new CRV or Innova (G) or Xtrail
    4. Or look for other option

If you are in my shoes what you will decide?? Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i'd choose option 1. option 4 a close 2nd.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    option 1

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    op. 1...di mo namention bro. kung a/t oto mo...since traffic kamo everyday, apv matic if I were in your shoes...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    option 3 ako... sell your old car. unless may regular na gumagamit nyan - sayang lang...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for me 1 or 2, sobrang di worth bumili ng bnew unless you're paying no interest.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If I were you with the given situation, I'd go for option 4 and here's what am going to do.
    Retain my VTEC96. Assuming its only me and my wife goes to work everyday, I'd get City A/T, maluwag na 'yon for both of us as an everyday drive car. And then use the Civic for a weekend getaway. The remaining budget that I have from the 750k, will save it for the condo too.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    thanks guy sa replies.. my wife chooses option 3. she wants the new CRV 2.0 a/t whereas i prefer option 1. been test drive APV a/t and so far ok naman. hindi mo aakalain na 1.6 engine lang. torguee kasi siya. the only thing holding my mind is the negative remarks i'de read on the other forum. argument naman ng wife ko pag ne-retain old car it gonna end up as a "pang color coding lang"... which is true...and she doesn't want the look of the APV.. rolling cabinet daw.. more replies/reactions are welcome.... thanks..

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    zenon:and she doesn't want the look of the APV.. rolling cabinet daw
    strange...women are usually more pragmatic in choosing a car(no offense meant po sir zenon B).

one plus i can say about the APV is that you can probably organize some sort of car pooling with friends. singilin mo na lang sila ng a little less than the usual van/fx rate, at baka makabawi ka ng konti sa gas B)

based on a distant relative's personal experience, medyo malakas sa gas ung CRV 2.0 A/T. lagot ka sa trapik B)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    option 1&2.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Help on buying a mid size car