New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    OT: May Montero, Fiesta, at ngayon bibili FD, tapos sabi mo entry level ka sa BPO? Pasali naman sa BPO na yan, mukhang bigtime ah? [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bigtime siguro erpats at nanay ko pero hindi ko naman sariling pera ang pinambili ng mga yan. Pamana nalang yan. Gusto ko kase magkaron ng sarili ko someday na masasabe kong pinaghirapan ko yan at di bigay ng magulang and besides my dad is not getting any younger, 2 years more at magretire na rin siya from working overseas. And I always think of the welfare of my family especially my 10 yr old sister. How can I still maintain the lifestyle that my dad used to give us. The thing with seafarers/seamen is they don't have any retirement pay or separation pay.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Ang haba ng post ko sorry at OT. Oh well just sayin

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by carwhacko View Post
    Bigtime siguro erpats at nanay ko pero hindi ko naman sariling pera ang pinambili ng mga yan. Pamana nalang yan. Gusto ko kase magkaron ng sarili ko someday na masasabe kong pinaghirapan ko yan at di bigay ng magulang and besides my dad is not getting any younger, 2 years more at magretire na rin siya from working overseas. And I always think of the welfare of my family especially my 10 yr old sister. How can I still maintain the lifestyle that my dad used to give us. The thing with seafarers/seamen is they don't have any retirement pay or separation pay.
    I admire your humility and forward-looking mindset. I think though that since may kotse ka nang ginagamit, you could put your savings towards a house. Or if pati yun mamanahin mo from your parents, then perhaps begin investing in stocks and eventually your own business.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I admire your humility and forward-looking mindset. I think though that since may kotse ka nang ginagamit, you could put your savings towards a house. Or if pati yun mamanahin mo from your parents, then perhaps begin investing in stocks and eventually your own business.

Yes boss. Yan talaga plan ko and God's will everything will materialize. Thanks for the inputs

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by willyfernando View Post
    The TS could get a good deal on a repo unit from several Bank Car depots. The unit I got (2013 model), was depreciated by almost 40% and the mileage was just a little over 1k. There are a lot of 2013 and 2014 models to choose from within the budget of the TS and their vehicle warranties are still good. The bank will take care of the transfer plus you can even negotiate the purchase thru their loan program.
    i am curious..
    aren't repossessed cars a huge gamble? the previous owners knew the cars were going to be repossessed, so they really didn't care how badly they treated 'em.., 'no?

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am curious..
    aren't repossessed cars a huge gamble? the previous owners knew the cars were going to be repossessed, so they really didn't care how badly they treated 'em.., 'no?
    may nabasa ako sa tipidpc.com na ok lang basta ma inspect maigi. madami daw talagang good buy basta marunong pumili.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    may nabasa ako sa tipidpc.com na ok lang basta ma inspect maigi. madami daw talagang good buy basta marunong pumili.
    it is the last three words of your statement, that worries me and other used car buyers, who are not properly versed on used-car buying...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    i am curious..
    Jut like buying a second hand vehicle or property you must exercise due diligence and review, test or seek help in your purchase. Even if I have experience in buying and owning a car I still make sure I get a little bit of help whenever I can be it forum advise or expert help. The most important thing is to be in control of my choice and my terms of payment. When I bought my repo unit from the bank I immediately inspected the car for signs of flood damage, physical abuse and traced a bit of ownership history judging from the way they maintained and used the vehicle prior to the surrender of the unit. There will be tell tale signs that show whether the car is a good or bad deal. If I am still in doubt I bring a mechanic to bolster my confidence or suspicion. It is true that a few Bitter owners abuse their units when they are about to give up their car to the bank. Sad but these abuse can range from petty missing parts to horrific mechanical problems. The bank usually price them reasonably based on the potential expense that prospective buyers may incur should they get them. It also helps if the unit is still under warranty by their manufacturers w/c in my case still has until 2018 coverage. I just had to submit my new ownership registration to the dealership that sold the unit to the previous owner and they applied the remaining coverage to my account.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    salamat sa mga info! ok ba 2008 civic fd 44km mileage. coding car nya lang daw yun for 440k

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    it is the last three words of your statement, that worries me and other used car buyers, who are not properly versed on used-car buying...
    I was told that Banks should disclose to the repossessed car buyer if the unit is Flooded or in a Major accident. And that pwede raw ibalik yung unit if hindi na disclose ng bank tapos nalaman na flooded ang unit even if "as-is-where-is" ang basis. Kaya daw may mga units ang bank na naka label na flooded unit.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast