New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hello Fellow tsikoteers,

I am very active in Kawang Gawa projects. Most of my projects involve communities in far flung areas. I am currently using my 2-3 4x4 SUVs when we do this. I wish I can just bring 1 vehicle. So I am looking for a larger 4x4 Van. I really prefer brand new as I don't want the vehicle to breakdown in the middle of nowhere. But would consider second hand if i am convinced that it can be made reliable.

I am looking at a 4x4 Kia K2700 panoramic, but I don't like the looks. Do I still have other options?

Maraming salamat sa sasagot.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    Hello Fellow tsikoteers,

I am very active in Kawang Gawa projects. Most of my projects involve communities in far flung areas. I am currently using my 2-3 4x4 SUVs when we do this. I wish I can just bring 1 vehicle. So I am looking for a larger 4x4 Van. I really prefer brand new as I don't want the vehicle to breakdown in the middle of nowhere. But would consider second hand if i am convinced that it can be made reliable.

I am looking at a 4x4 Kia K2700 panoramic, but I don't like the looks. Do I still have other options?

Maraming salamat sa sasagot.
    There are two cars that I think can fit what you need:

Land Rover Defender 110 Expedition (there are three i think on OLX price ranges at about Php 3M

Or
    Toyota Land Cruiser Troop Carrier (very hard to find here in Manila, brand new would be Php4M up

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks for the advice. I do have the defender 110. I am checking the LC70 troop carrier pero AFAIK mahirap maghanap nito sa Pilipinas.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Pajero field master. Di nga lang brandnew

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    There aren't many 10 seater 4x4 vehicles available locally nowadays, especially since these are mostly being marketed as luxury vehicles. It seems that the K2700 is in a class all it's own. It does have the advantage of having an easily serviceable old school engine should you break down in the middle of nowhere. But then said engine is also very weak, 84hp if I'm not mistaken.

I suppose you can take any typical large SUV and have the 3rd row converted to side facing benches. I'd recommend the diesel Nissan Patrol. Landcruiser-level off road capabilities at almost half the price. Our church pastor uses one for his medical missions serving the Aetas people in Zambales. The wife of a deceased off road enthusiast church member gave it to him to replace his ageing Japan surplus LC70 Prado.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I do have the defender 110. I am checking the LC70 troop carrier pero AFAIK mahirap maghanap nito sa Pilipinas.
    A roof rack on your defender can answer all your cargo worries. If that's not enough cargo space maybe you need to use a trailer.

Help: Need at least 10 seater 4x4 vehicle for outreach projects preferably brand new.