New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    OK naman, yun nga lang 1.3L carb engine lang siya at walang power amenities.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Tama nga kayo sir GTI, ECCS Model has all all power, steering window which i really like po, di po ba mas malakas sa gas ang 1.6 fuel injection sa 1.3 carb type? preferrable manual kunin kasi sabi nila pag matic hirap ipagawa at di puede kadyutin. .Sorry for being noob. Would like to be sure what i'm doing. Buti na lang we have a forum like this po. Thank you.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Go w/ ECCS, we have that same car. As long as alaga, proper oil change (Every 10k kms). Ayos sya.
    We had idling problems w/ the car before, pero na ayos sa casa. Pinacomputer lng. Di proper adjustments ng mekaniko.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Mazda 323 MT - 95 | Cars for sale NCR | AyosDito.ph

Sir you dont recommend Mazda? like this link.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    1.3L carb engines are not necesarilly more fuel efficient than a 1.6L fuel injected engine, especially in situations wherein more power is needed like when in the highway. But a 1.3L carb would surely be less fuel efficient than a 1.3EFI. For instance, a relative of mine who lives in Baguio had a '94 itlog Lancer 1.6GLXi (EFI) before. Then he traded it in for a 2002 pizza Lancer 1.5GLX (carb) thinking that it would be more fuel efficient. But then it turned out that the pizza Lancer had similar gas mileage as his old itlog Lancer but was extremely underpowered (he lives in Baguio City so ramdam talaga). Depende naman talaga yan sa gamit mo. Kung pure city driving lang and you have a light foot, syempre mas matipid ang 1.3L carb sa 1.6EFI but considering your requirements, that would not be the case.

I personally do not recommend the Mazda since carb engine din yan, I do not like the looks, and parts would not be as abundant as with the more mainstream models since it was never as successful here. Yung Sentra ECCS na talaga. Consider a sub-1000kg car with 110hp on tap, 4 wheel independent suspension and 4 wheel disc brakes with ABS (not very sure about this one). Kapag hinataw mo ang ganyan, marami kang masosorpresa diyang mga naka SiR sa highway!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    thank you sir GTI, post ko d2 ung car pag nakuha ko na.. dami ko natutunan d2! hehehe

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    No problem bro, very glad I was of some help to you.

The Sentra ECCS was actually a very advanced car for its time, being introduced in 1991. During that time, the then current AE92 Corolla was still using carb engines across the line, and so was the singkit Lancer. And yet it had such things as 4 wheel disc brakes with ABS and the DOHC 16 valve ECCS engine- levels of equipment that became commonplace in its class only around ten years later. The only thing I don't like about it is the lack of space.

The most reasonable options in this class seem to be the Corolla and the Sentra. An uncle of mine currently has a big-body Corolla and is very satisfied with it.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The only problem with the Corolla is that it will not fit the TS's budget. Corolla's have insanely high resale values. Even the 1.3L carb variants sell for 100k and above, let alone the 1.6GLi.

Sure, the Corolla is quite expensive comparing to its competitors...

BTW, as far as price goes, I'd not disconsider a 1.3L carb engine, even not being so accurate as an EFI is can actually still have a good performance when correctly tuned, and is easier to fix without too many technical resources...
    workaround ideas to discuss among friends: Ancient cars: a real threat to the environment?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast