New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Is this a good buy for 77K?

Nissan eccs pictures by qtrein - Photobucket

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    It's actually quite odd. It SEEMS to be an ECCS. There's the power amenities, tachometer, 4 wheel disc brakes... But the engine doesn't look like an ECCS engine at all. More like a carburetor GA13DS or GA14DS transplant.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If its originally a Sentra ECCS, and the owner transplanted the engine, it must mean that the car has seen better days. And the fact that the owner transplanted an inferior engine... I'd rather avoid.

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    yeah you're right. how about this one?

got another one. but under on going negotiations pa.:

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z.../mitsu%20glxi/

for 95K

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    It's actually quite odd. It SEEMS to be an ECCS. There's the power amenities, tachometer, 4 wheel disc brakes... But the engine doesn't look like an ECCS engine at all. More like a carburetor GA13DS or GA14DS transplant.
    The engine looks like the GA16DNE... the downdraft version of the GA16DE, producing 105hp instead of 110hp. The GA16DNE was used in the B14 sentra... not the B13. I assume this car has seen an engine transplant already.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The engine looks like the GA16DNE... the downdraft version of the GA16DE, producing 105hp instead of 110hp. The GA16DNE was used in the B14 sentra... not the B13. I assume this car has seen an engine transplant already.
    Bakit may carburetor bro? Diba yung DNE EFI rin? I remember that EFI B14 Sentra's have this black plastic rectangular shaped box with lines on it above the cam cover.

*TS: The Itlog LOOKS ok. Engine and interior seem to be fresh. Exterior needs quite a bit of work though.

Help me decide on this one (buying a 2nd hand car)