New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    The CVT of the "ipis" honda city though...
    i think the owners and the casa are still pointing accusing fingers at each other.

one says, "because you did not follow maintenance recommendations",
    while the other says, "your product sucks."

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    It's a left field option but would you consider a Hyundai Kona?

Decent engine performance, slightly above average ground clearance (180mm ata?), fuel efficient, no fancy complex direct injection that gets the intake valves fouled up eventually, no CVT, pretty simple and reliable since not much can go wrong. However it's a bit barebones similar to the corolla cross.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    They've gotten better daw... But they also say CVT's will cost more to maintain w/ closer pricey periodic fluid swaps than conventional & the timer will continue ticking....daw.Help me choose a brand new car for 2022: Mazda2 / Corolla Altis / Corolla Cross

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Magpapalit na ko kotse, di pa rin sira CVT ko Help me choose a brand new car for 2022: Mazda2 / Corolla Altis / Corolla Cross

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    They've gotten better daw... But they also say CVT's will cost more to maintain w/ closer pricey periodic fluid swaps than conventional & the timer will continue ticking....daw.Help me choose a brand new car for 2022: Mazda2 / Corolla Altis / Corolla Cross

Our mobilio is turning 4 years 11 months this month with 45k+ odo reading. Casa-maintained. Hopefully di ko danasin yan soon. Planning on keeping the car for a couple of years pa eh.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    I sincerely doubt cars that are less than 10 years old will have CVT issues.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I sincerely doubt cars that are less than 10 years old will have CVT issues.
    ... the honda city idsi cvt issue...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Magpapalit na ko kotse, di pa rin sira CVT ko Help me choose a brand new car for 2022: Mazda2 / Corolla Altis / Corolla Cross

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You bought it new & cared for it well, sir. I wish every CVT owner everywhere longevity & no ill. Just not for one, like me, who keeps cars looooongterm...not about me right or anyone not.Help me choose a brand new car for 2022: Mazda2 / Corolla Altis / Corolla Cross

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I'm a "car guy"

the seating position, the ergonomics and the handling.

Hence, voting for the Corolla Altis.

Note: I didn't check the specs of the Altis... But a car without the following in 2022 is definitely a no-go for me.
    -reverse camera
    -reverse sensor
    -CarPlay
    -DRL

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    It's a left field option but would you consider a Hyundai Kona?

Decent engine performance, slightly above average ground clearance (180mm ata?), fuel efficient, no fancy complex direct injection that gets the intake valves fouled up eventually, no CVT, pretty simple and reliable since not much can go wrong. However it's a bit barebones similar to the corolla cross.
    yeah.
    the hyundai kona and the kia stonic...
    relatively new cars.
    any long-ish term reviews from actual users-owners?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    mine is 2005 lancer gls cvt 130T km. first owner. planning to keep it as long as it last.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast