New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    I see.

Aside from the engine difference between the Forester 2.0i-L, 2.0i-P, and XT, are there any major differences that I should know about?
    The frame is the same for all Forester models. The base model 2.0i-L and midtrim model 2.0i-P shares the same 2.0L engine and CVT tranny as with the XV and Impreza. Only the XT model is powered by the 2.0L turbo engine, same as the WRX.

The 2.0i-L only has fabric seats and 17"rims. The 2.0i-P has the interior features, 18"rims, and sunroof as the XT model with the exception of the turbo engine.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If I had 1.8M cash to spend on my first car, no family, and no need for space - I'd get the Mazda MX5 in a heartbeat.

Fun, frugal, gorgeous, and feature-packed. The only things it can't do are cross floods and carry 5 people. I assume you have other family cars for that.

If you want a more practical all-rounder for 1.5M - Subaru Forester 2.0 or Ford Everest Trend.

The Forester is more comfortable and more fun to drive, the Everest is more practical and can seat 7.

If you don't need an SUV - I would suggest either the Civic 1.8 E, Mazda 3 2.0R, or Volkswagen Jetta 2.0 TDi. All 3 are great cars that will fulfill all your needs except flood-fording, while costing less than the SUVs I mentioned above.

The Civic is more spacious and high-tech, the Mazda 3 has more power, the Jetta has a diesel. The Civic RS is a nice combination of power/features/economy, but costs a lot more at 1.4M, almost SUV pricing.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't consider Mazda MX5 because my Dad already has the limited edition of it

I'd also want to put "my dog as a passenger" to my list of considerations. When I drive to the province, he always comes along with me.

It does look like the Forester is a good buy over the XV. I may have to take a look at both in person.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I see.

Aside from the engine difference between the Forester 2.0i-L, 2.0i-P, and XT, are there any major differences that I should know about?
    Think of it this way:

2.0i - adequate engine, adequate features
    2.0iP - adequate engine, superb features
    2.0XT - superb engine, superb features.

All 3 trims are better than any XV trim if you ask me, simply because the Forester is a bigger car. Heck, even the Civic has more space than the XV.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Hi! The base model doesn't have the electronic/power tailgate

All 3 trims are better than any XV trim if you ask me, simply because the Forester is a bigger car. Heck, even the Civic has more space than the XV.
    I drive the i-P. Almost settled for the base model over XV, but just like how jut put it... superb features. If you're gonna get a base model Forester with your kind of budget, might as well get the i-P.

There was an 80,000-Peso discount back in April. Nowadays? I think it's down to 30,000 Pesos.

I suggest you test-drive both Subarus. I recommend the BGC dealership

5. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Think of it this way:

2.0i - adequate engine, adequate features
    2.0XT - superb engine, superb features.

How is the space of the Civic more than the XV?

Quote Originally Posted by Altuy View Post
    Hi! The base model doesn't have the electronic/power tailgate

I drive the i-P. Almost settled for the base model over XV, but just like how jut put it... superb features. If you're gonna get a base model Forester with your kind of budget, might as well get the i-P.

There was an 80,000-Peso discount back in April. Nowadays? I think it's down to 30,000 Pesos.

I suggest you test-drive both Subarus. I recommend the BGC dealership
    It's just that the looks of the XV is better than the Forester, at least for me. I know looks is subjective.

*All

When it comes to resale value, is it true that the depreciation of the top-of-the-end Subaru models is faster than that of the, say, mid or base models?

Is Subaru generally a better brand than Mazda?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    cabin volume... shoulder room probably isnt wide

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Kung gagastos ka na din 1.8 mlyones eh doon ka na sa maangas na fj cruiser......

Sa fj mo ramdam mo talaga binayad mo...... iniisip nga minsan akala around 2.5million.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    cabin volume... shoulder room probably isnt wide

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    I see.

Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    Kung gagastos ka na din 1.8 mlyones eh doon ka na sa maangas na fj cruiser......

Sa fj mo ramdam mo talaga binayad mo...... iniisip nga minsan akala around 2.5million.
    I take my initial budget back. Let's go with a 1.5M maximum budget.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    If under 1.5million eh HR-V. Yung entry level lang 1,250 million. Pag tumaas na jan sayang na pera.

Kung meron pa sana CR-Z hybrid yun ang recommend ko... Pasok na sa budget mo.....gwapings pa

10. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    If under 1.5million eh HR-V. Yung entry level lang 1,250 million. Pag tumaas na jan sayang na pera.

Kung meron pa sana CR-Z hybrid yun ang recommend ko... Pasok na sa budget mo.....gwapings pa

Bakit mo nasabing sayang na ang pera kapag lagpas na dun sa base model na HR-V?

Wala na ba nung CR-Z hybrid? Sold out na?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast