New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    I was going to suggest the Toyota 86.

Pero nabanggit mo na gusto mo ng may extra space din if in case you need to bring your friends.

Kaya I'd have to vote for the Subaru XV

The Civic RS is a fine choice too. Pero between the XV and Civic. Mukhang mas angat kasi si XV.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    Personal car lang, so siguro ang sasakay lagi is 1-2 passengers pero syempre the more space the better para magamit din sa mga out-of-town lakad with friends.

I'd say max price would be 1.8M.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Get a Forester XT if you have that budget. You have more space than an XV and it's one fast vehicle. No other vehicle can outrun a Forester XT at its price range except its sport sedan brother, the Subaru WRX.

If you prefer a sedan over a CUV/crossover, then go for the Subaru WRX.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1.8M? Pwede Mazda 6 wagon hehe.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Personal car lang, so siguro ang sasakay lagi is 1-2 passengers pero syempre the more space the better para magamit din sa mga out-of-town lakad with friends.

I'd say max price would be 1.8M.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    How about the WRX?

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    have you seen both cars in person? if I were in the same situation, I'd choose Civic over XV because of the ff:
    - less maintenance cost (just speculating)
    - driving dynamics
    - exterior design ( headturner than XV)
    - interior layout and features

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    With that budget, a carnut would go for the most performance they can get and the Subaru WRX comes into mind. You can choose one in MT or CVT.

A practical family man would choose utility and space plus ample performance which would most likely lead to a Forester XT.

If comfort and class is a consideration, then look at midsize sedans. The Honda Accord or Mazda6 have all the bells and whistles in a comfortable ride without compromising handling and performance.

I would have been happy driving a WRX or Accord 2.4L or Mazda6 but the dad in me led me to the Forester XT. It has room for 5 and luggage, high ground clearance, capable AWD system, and drives like a tall sedan but is much quicker than an Accord 2.4L or Mazda6.
    Last edited by Egan101; August 2nd, 2017 at 01:06 PM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jeDi13 View Post
    have you seen both cars in person? if I were in the same situation, I'd choose Civic over XV because of the ff:
    - less maintenance cost (just speculating)
    - driving dynamics
    - exterior design ( headturner than XV)
    - interior layout and features
    I saw them in person on the road and on parking lots but not in the dealer centers yet. I agree that the Civic is more of a headturner than the XV but I feel that the XV is just the more practical choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    With that budget, a carnut would go for the most performance they can get and the Subaru WRX comes into mind. You can choose one in MT or CVT.

A practical family man would choose utility and space plus ample performance which would most likely lead to a Forester XT.

If comfort and class is a consideration, then look at midsize sedans. The Honda Accord or Mazda6 have all the bells and whistles in a comfortable ride without compromising handling and performance.

I would have been happy driving a WRX or Accord 2.4L or Mazda6 but the dad in me led me to the Forester XT. It has room for 5 and luggage, high ground clearance, capable AWD system, and drives like a tall sedan but is much quicker than an Accord 2.4L or Mazda6.
    If I lower the budget to around 1.5M, would you personally go with the XV's top-of-the-line model? Comfort, class, utility, and space are all in the list of my considerations.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006

If I lower the budget to around 1.5M, would you personally go with the XV's top-of-the-line model? Comfort, class, utility, and space are all in the list of my considerations.
    If I have 1.5M, I'd still pick a proper CUV over the smaller XV. It will be a choice between a Subaru Forester 2.0i-L, Mazda CX5 Pro 2.0L, or Nissan Xtrail 2.5L AWD. A bigger vehicle is a wiser choice for the same amount of money.

If performance is a key consideration, then opt for the Civic RS 1.5L Turbo.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If I had 1.8M cash to spend on my first car, no family, and no need for space - I'd get the Mazda MX5 in a heartbeat.

Fun, frugal, gorgeous, and feature-packed. The only things it can't do are cross floods and carry 5 people. I assume you have other family cars for that.

If you want a more practical all-rounder for 1.5M - Subaru Forester 2.0 or Ford Everest Trend.

The Forester is more comfortable and more fun to drive, the Everest is more practical and can seat 7.

If you don't need an SUV - I would suggest either the Civic 1.8 E, Mazda 3 2.0R, or Volkswagen Jetta 2.0 TDi. All 3 are great cars that will fulfill all your needs except flood-fording, while costing less than the SUVs I mentioned above.

The Civic is more spacious and high-tech, the Mazda 3 has more power, the Jetta has a diesel. The Civic RS is a nice combination of power/features/economy, but costs a lot more at 1.4M, almost SUV pricing.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If I have 1.5M, I'd still pick a proper CUV over the smaller XV. It will be a choice between a Subaru Forester 2.0i-L, Mazda CX5 Pro 2.0L, or Nissan Xtrail 2.5L AWD. A bigger vehicle is a wiser choice for the same amount of money.

If performance is a key consideration, then opt for the Civic RS 1.5L Turbo.
    I see.

Aside from the engine difference between the Forester 2.0i-L, 2.0i-P, and XT, are there any major differences that I should know about?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast