New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Good decision kumuha na lang ng brand new unit kesa magtyaga ka sa second hand, konti lang idadagdag mo para sa peace of mind na hindi binaha o pinangharabas yung tsikot. Yung Strada medyo matagal na sa market at may balitang maglalabas ng bago next year pero maganda pa rin naman, medyo maliit lang yung kargahan sa likod. Mas ok kung Ranger na lang kunin niyo, bagong model at mas malaki yung kargahan.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by v2g View Post
    Sorry guys, but after much thought & deliberation, I've changed my mind with the Santa Fe. Babagsak din pala ako sa Strada (brand new) or probably a Ranger, if there are units available.

Oh well, this is going against some of my stated criteria, needs & wants, but for me, it was a negligible price difference between the 2nd hand SF's being offered & the two brand new pick-ups (GLX-V / XLT), more so with the Strada since Mitsu is offering a 60K discount.

Plus, for peace of mind -since it's brand new. Ang ayoko ko lang is yung gastos sa casa! Well, it's for business so, mabawi naman yan. Did i make the right decision?
    Anyways, thank you guys for all the helpful insights & replies. See you soon sa either Mitsu or Ford cars talk
    Well since you will mostly be using it for hauling cargo, the benefits a pickup offers will actually be appreciated by you. Go with the Strada if you prefer something more manueverable, and with guaranteed mechanic familiarity and parts availability. Or the Ranger for that tough look and significantly larger bed.

Either way, you'd most likely still have to invest in a bed cover or canopy and in the Strada's case, bigger wheels.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Well since you will mostly be using it for hauling cargo, the benefits a pickup offers will actually be appreciated by you. Go with the Strada if you prefer something more manueverable, and with guaranteed mechanic familiarity and parts availability. Or the Ranger for that tough look and significantly larger bed.

Either way, you'd most likely still have to invest in a bed cover or canopy and in the Strada's case, bigger wheels.

Yun nga sir, I am so torn between the two pick-ups right now. Based on my criteria, Strada ticks most, if not all of the boxes.

Don't really need the bigger bed of the Ranger but i do love the looks and i found out the next gen Strada is coming out Q4 this year. Wow, talk about timing!!! i need a unit in less than 2 months.

Plus side with the current model is that most bugs & problems have been fixed or has a solution documented like the OCC, DP Chip, squeaky leaf springs, etc.

It's a basic example of Aesthetics vs. Practicality. I like the Strada for it's comfort ride, reliabity, parts availability, and features based on price.

But part of me wants the Ranger because it's NEW, looks really good, better handling, & macho!

Hmmm... suddenly remembered the song, "Sana dalawa ang puso ko"... by Ariel Rivera ... "hindi na sana nalilito kung sino sa inyo..." hahaha!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Sorry guys, but after much thought & deliberation, I've changed my mind with the Santa Fe. Babagsak din pala ako sa Strada (brand new) or probably a Ranger, if there are units available.

Oh well, this is going against some of my stated criteria, needs & wants, but for me, it was a negligible price difference between the 2nd hand SF's being offered & the two brand new pick-ups (GLX-V / XLT), more so with the Strada since Mitsu is offering a 60K discount.

Plus, for peace of mind -since it's brand new. Ang ayoko ko lang is yung gastos sa casa! Well, it's for business so, mabawi naman yan. Did i make the right decision?
    Anyways, thank you guys for all the helpful insights & replies. See you soon sa either Mitsu or Ford cars talk
    Good decision sir na to get a bnew truck kc if your going for 2nd hand puro problema lng ma encounter dun. Then if your choosing bet strada or ford... Ang strada ay comfort driving & value for money while for has wider leg room and cargo. Pero ako sa navara iba feeling sa likod ng manibela. Then AT ang kunin mo wag manual sirain ang flywheel dahil sa lakas ng torque & sa pag drive mo.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yun nga sir, I am so torn between the two pick-ups right now. Based on my criteria, Strada ticks most, if not all of the boxes.

Don't really need the bigger bed of the Ranger but i do love the looks and i found out the next gen Strada is coming out Q4 this year. Wow, talk about timing!!! i need a unit in less than 2 months.

Plus side with the current model is that most bugs & problems have been fixed or has a solution documented like the OCC, DP Chip, squeaky leaf springs, etc.

It's a basic example of Aesthetics vs. Practicality. I like the Strada for it's comfort ride, reliabity, parts availability, and features based on price.

But part of me wants the Ranger because it's NEW, looks really good, better handling, & macho!

Hmmm... suddenly remembered the song, "Sana dalawa ang puso ko"... by Ariel Rivera ... "hindi na sana nalilito kung sino sa inyo..." hahaha!
    Ang maganda sa pagbili ng Strada ngayon is that there would be lots of discounts and lucrative deals, especially with slower selling variants since the new model is coming soon. I'm honestly more inclined towards the Strada if it's 2.5VGT versus the 2.2L Ranger due to the more powerful engine. In the course of time, I'd then replace the wheels, install a chip and perhaps retrofit Montero headlights.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Why would you even consider the Sta Fe? It's an SUV / family vehicle. Whereas your Strada is for utility purposes (i.e. delivery and cargo). So to answer your question, go for Strada. Mitsubishi reliability is a plus. Japan over Korean!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123