New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    What do you deliver? With the Strada, you'd have to shell out extra to invest on a bed cover or canopy (both of which aren't cheap!), if it isn't so equipped. The bedliner's hard and smooth surface makes things slide and bounce around and the bed is on the small side, so if you haul long objects which need to be kept inside, the SUV is the way to go.
    Hello Sir GTi, nice to see you here as well, as usual i love reading your very helpful comments & tips.

As for your question: I deliver the secondary supplies for my food kiosk biz (napkins, wax paper, paper bags, sauce packets etc) encased in plastic bins-nothing really heavy. The main food supplies delivery will be carried out by my biz partner in Pampanga.
    My delivery is just supplemental in a way but important because i also do the the inventory and quality checks.

The reason i am considering the Strada because it was offered to me recently, it so happens, a friend decided to sell his Strada to add funds for his work/travel abroad.

As you noted, both would do well in ride comfort and it really depends on one's priorities and preferences. Let's just say, it's a bit of a TIE for now (leaning more to the SF though ), but we'll soon find out.

Thanks again po.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Just to refresh...
    Been busy for the past weeks but I saw the 2010 SF and all is good. Makinis pa talaga, no problems with the unit, however i have to keep my options open so i went to look around pa.

Last week, i saw one in Hyundai Quezon Ave 2nd hand unit dealership same 2010 model in white selling for P940k non- negotiable na, under warranty pa daw, the previous owner traded it in for the next gen SF according to the dealer.

The price is about P65k higher than the other unit, come to think of it, pang palit rubber, leather seats or maintenance na yon. The dealer is saying na sigurado hindi flooded and casa maintained yung unit?. Is it really worth the price or dahil mahal kase sa casa? Is Hyundai QA trustworthy?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have you test driven your options? And or have you brought a mechanic to inspect them?

I honestly can't comment on casas coz I rarely go to them nowadays. Sa suking mekaniko na ako nagpupunta. Cheaper and quicker.

Personally, much as I'd be leaning toward the Santa Fe, the Strada being a good friend's ride just made me consider it more. If it's pretty solid and passes the mechanic's inspection, this would be the safer option.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Have you test driven your options? And or have you brought a mechanic to inspect them?
    I test drove the first SF and brought a mechanic with me and i'm satisfied with the performance & condition based on the given price. Haven't tested the HQA unit, i was turned off when i found out about the price. I'm just intrigued with the price given compared to the other SF, is it really that good that it's a firm P940K non-nego?
    I honestly can't comment on casas coz I rarely go to them nowadays. Sa suking mekaniko na ako nagpupunta. Cheaper and quicker.
    I too prefer the suking mekaniko!

Personally, much as I'd be leaning toward the Santa Fe, the Strada being a good friend's ride just made me consider it more. If it's pretty solid and passes the mechanic's inspection, this would be the safer option.
    Sadly, my friend and i didn't come to terms regarding the price. A bit high for the unit's model and overall condition. I have also decided that for my needs (city/hiway driving 80%) the SF is the way to go. AND if i do get a pick-up it would be a brand new Ford Ranger or next gen Mitsu Strada.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by v2g View Post
    I test drove the first SF and brought a mechanic with me and i'm satisfied with the performance & condition based on the given price. Haven't tested the HQA unit, i was turned off when i found out about the price. I'm just intrigued with the price given compared to the other SF, is it really that good that it's a firm P940K non-nego?
    I too prefer the suking mekaniko!

Sadly, my friend and i didn't come to terms regarding the price. A bit high for the unit's model and overall condition. I have also decided that for my needs (city/hiway driving 80%) the SF is the way to go. AND if i do get a pick-up it would be a brand new Ford Ranger or next gen Mitsu Strada.
    Then SF is really meant for your.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gamit ko Santa Fe pang transport ng 2 mountain bikes regularly sa mga provinces. Getting 10-11km per liter on average pag highway drive. As for maintenance madaming spare parts sa Seiring in Araneta ave na very much cheaper compared sa CASA. Kung highway drive naman parati go for the SF na pero pag medyo pangit yung daan go for Strada. Ramdam kasi sa SF yung mga road imperfections compared sa Montero (my other drive) which i think is almost same sa strada na ladder frame.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Congrats on your decision. Show us pics ;)

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    I read somewhere in tsikot that Sta Fe is world's best pick-up so no match ang Strada dyan.

Seriously, if I don't need the cargo, I will get the Sta Fe.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    Gamit ko Santa Fe pang transport ng 2 mountain bikes regularly sa mga provinces. Getting 10-11km per liter on average pag highway drive. As for maintenance madaming spare parts sa Seiring in Araneta ave na very much cheaper compared sa CASA. Kung highway drive naman parati go for the SF na pero pag medyo pangit yung daan go for Strada. Ramdam kasi sa SF yung mga road imperfections compared sa Montero (my other drive) which i think is almost same sa strada na ladder frame.
    Good to know there are a lot of spare parts now for the 2010SF, Yes sir mostly city/highway driving lang, QC to Nlex.

Congrats on your decision. Show us pics ;)
    Choosing between a black or white unit as of now. Maybe within a week or two

Quote Originally Posted by confused shoes View Post
    I read somewhere in tsikot that Sta Fe is world's best pick-up so no match ang Strada dyan.

Seriously, if I don't need the cargo, I will get the Sta Fe.
    Hahahaha! I also read that thread.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Sorry guys, but after much thought & deliberation, I've changed my mind with the Santa Fe. Babagsak din pala ako sa Strada (brand new) or probably a Ranger, if there are units available.

Oh well, this is going against some of my stated criteria, needs & wants, but for me, it was a negligible price difference between the 2nd hand SF's being offered & the two brand new pick-ups (GLX-V / XLT), more so with the Strada since Mitsu is offering a 60K discount.

Plus, for peace of mind -since it's brand new. Ang ayoko ko lang is yung gastos sa casa! Well, it's for business so, mabawi naman yan. Did i make the right decision?
    Anyways, thank you guys for all the helpful insights & replies. See you soon sa either Mitsu or Ford cars talk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast