New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    need help to buy our first family van. we are 8 in the family kaya van ang uubra para kumasya lahat. budget ko nasa 200k. search for one that suits my budget and here are what I have found. need any inputs / comments (engine performance, fuel consumption, availability ng spare parts etc.) on the below choices in order to decide.

Nissan Vanette Grand Coach '99 model, gas, a/t, 67k mileage (local version daw ito di converted, seems mas maganda porma nito against yung regular na vanette lang)

Lite Ace GXL '94 model, gas, a/t, 180k mileage

Kia Pregio '01 model, diesel, a/t

Mitsubishi Versa Van '96 model, diesel, m/t, 53k mileage

kung may iba kayong maisa suggest much appreciate.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Is the Vanette the one with the two-tone body color and front-seat drinks chiller? The Grand Coach came with an extra radiator fan compared to older models, so it's less prone to overheating. Good, comfortable car, but lacking in power for the terrible fuel economy it gives. Better than a LiteAce, though.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Try buying the tamaraw FX. At least the engine isn't under your seat.

JMHO

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the vanette seems to be the logical choice. i think you will not fit into a lite ace...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Parang wala akong kursunada sa mga choices mo.

Vanette and Liteace are quite old and notorious as gas guzzlers; more so if AT.
    Pregios has a reputation of being slow and sirain.
    The Mitsu L300 van has overheating and airconditioning issues. 53,000 kilometers for a decade old car?

For 200 grand or so, I will also consider an AUV particularly the Revo and Hilander. Both can seat 8.

Kon pilitin sa choices, sa Versa Van na lang ako esp. if the body is still intact. Just check change your radiator to be bigger one possibly add another auxiliary fan and improve the airconditioning.

Just do not expect too much for the vehicle's ride performance.Though lacking in horsepower, the engine is robust and easy to maintain. The interior is not very refined but there are ways to improve it.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac2 View Post
    need help to buy our first family van. we are 8 in the family kaya van ang uubra para kumasya lahat. budget ko nasa 200k. search for one that suits my budget and here are what I have found. need any inputs / comments (engine performance, fuel consumption, availability ng spare parts etc.) on the below choices in order to decide.

Nissan Vanette Grand Coach '99 model, gas, a/t, 67k mileage (local version daw ito di converted, seems mas maganda porma nito against yung regular na vanette lang)

Lite Ace GXL '94 model, gas, a/t, 180k mileage

Kia Pregio '01 model, diesel, a/t

Mitsubishi Versa Van '96 model, diesel, m/t, 53k mileage

kung may iba kayong maisa suggest much appreciate.
    I haven't seen a grand coach vanette na automatic.Is the sliding door on the right side?
    Yung Toyota liteace na 94 automatic is definitely converted .

Kung maganda pa yung 2001 KIa pregio( dapat local version not surplus)I think its the practical choice. Second would be the 96 L300 Versa va.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I haven't seen a grand coach vanette na automatic( sure ka ba na local vanette?).Is the sliding door on the right side?
    Yung Toyota liteace na 94 automatic is definitely converted and imported from japan.

Kung maganda pa yung 2001 KIa pregio( dapat local version not surplus)I think its the practical choice. Second would be the 96 L300 Versa van.:nod

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Get a diesel AUV na lang.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    i go for vanette.. fuel consumption nya ay sobrang tipid.. we had one unit before pero binenta din kasi too big for my family.. hehehe..

U can also try strarex van...

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Is the Vanette the one with the two-tone body color and front-seat drinks chiller? The Grand Coach came with an extra radiator fan compared to older models, so it's less prone to overheating. Good, comfortable car, but lacking in power for the terrible fuel economy it gives. Better than a LiteAce, though.

opo two tone nga siya at meron syang cool box ang sabi eh limited edition daw sya eh. malakas pala sa gas ito?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
help in buying our first family van