New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by brutus01sg View Post
    Hi ghosthunter, makitanong... saang dealer yan. Pinag iisipan ko pa... kong kakasya budget... either Lancer EX GLS o GT-A!

If you dont mind... how much lahat cash out mo including insurance, etc...

Thank you!
    I got my Lancer EX from the Mitsu Paco branch... but it should be that all mitsu dealers will be using the same price and discount rates.

I got mine on 100% cash ... insurance was done with our preferred insurance company.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Off the top of my head, in my preferred order:

Civic 1.8S
    Cruze 1.8LS
    Corolla 1.6V

Not sure if the Lancer is still possible at ~950.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If the Lancer 2.0GLX is still available at the discounted 930k, then by all means go for it. Its got the good looks and good performance worthy of carrying on the legacy of the Galant GTi. Another good car is the Chevrolet Cruze 1.8LS 6AT. Its a very competent car and at just 908888, its really worth the money, not to mention that its new in the market, and unique on the road. Of course if you will also include 2nd hand cars in your search, there will be a lot more, and better cars to choose from.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Another altis.

that's if you can stand the design. but the engine ? perfect.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Another Altis is fine but the price is ridiculous! At 940k you only get the 1.6V A/T variant. Compared to the Cruze 1.8LS which is about 30k cheaper.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    If the Lancer 2.0GLX is still available at the discounted 930k, then by all means go for it. Its got the good looks and good performance worthy of carrying on the legacy of the Galant GTi. Another good car is the Chevrolet Cruze 1.8LS 6AT. Its a very competent car and at just 908888, its really worth the money, not to mention that its new in the market, and unique on the road. Of course if you will also include 2nd hand cars in your search, there will be a lot more, and better cars to choose from.

The CRUZE itself might be a great car but I am still held back by the Chevy badge and the long list of bad complaints, etc associated with it.

It's like buying into a big mistake that once you have signed in, you cannot get out of.

BTW, the Chevy CRUZE 1.8L A/T is S...L...O...W at around 15 seconds for 0-100 kph.

Any year model Toyota Corolla GLi 1.6L A/T will do 0-100 kph in 10 seconds.

What does that mean? It means this car (with the automatic tranny) cannot accelerate to overtake anything on the road even if you floor the accelerator.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    15 seconds? Are you sure about that? On full throttle? Maybe the driver was taking it easy with the throttle adding on the fact that the car isn't broken in yet.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Hello sir
    Just like to ask your opinions about the Focus 1.8 Trend?

My family kinda likes it because it is a big car and the price given to us after discounts was Php 829,000. No insurance included but the price difference from other cars is quite significant and that is why I'm asking here if there is something I should know about it.

Thank you

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Personally, I don't like the design of the Focus. In fact, I like the previous generation's design more. The car itself is quite old compared to the rest in the market, and the engine isn't top rate either. Although its excellent handling will always be among its strong points. I won't be considering a Focus unless its the 2.0TDCi version.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Ford Fiesta-have a test drive....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Help in buying a new car!