New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sa used car dealers kasi, pwede mo i-bank loan, although mas malaki ang interest.

Sa private sellers, cash up front.

Pwede ka ba mag-car loan diretso sa bangko? Is this different from personal loan?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    ^ Pwede mo din naman i-bank loan kapag private seller. Pero syempre discretion yun nung seller. Hassle kasi sa kanila kapag ibabank loan pa compared to cold cash. Kapag bank loan kasi, twice pa sila babayaran (DP from the buyer, then the remaining from the bank).

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by leodawesome View Post
    ^ Pwede mo din naman i-bank loan kapag private seller. Pero syempre discretion yun nung seller. Hassle kasi sa kanila kapag ibabank loan pa compared to cold cash. Kapag bank loan kasi, twice pa sila babayaran (DP from the buyer, then the remaining from the bank).
    hindi ba, pag bank loan, the bank will pay the seller the full amount? then buyer will remit mothlies to the bank...?
    i thought all along, in a bank loan, the bank assumes the risk and not the seller... ?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by leodawesome View Post
    Babayaran ng bank ang seller full amount.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Help po also planning to buy a second hand car.. Looking at honda esi or sentra series 3. Hanap ko automatic since gagamitin din ni kumander.. Anu po bang mas maganda.. Thanks po in advance..

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    hindi ba, pag bank loan, the bank will pay the seller the full amount? then buyer will remit mothlies to the bank...?
    i thought all along, in a bank loan, the bank assumes the risk and not the seller... ?
    Just not sure, my cousin paid the DP check to the name of the seller. Then the remaining was sourced from the bank. Maybe it depends on the bank?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Izeman022 View Post
    Help po also planning to buy a second hand car.. Looking at honda esi or sentra series 3. Hanap ko automatic since gagamitin din ni kumander.. Anu po bang mas maganda.. Thanks po in advance..
    Sentra Series 3. I would've recommended the Lynx if you were looking for a manual. Nice, solid and modern car. But the matic is thirsty at the pump.

The newer unit is almost always the better one. The newest ESi is already approaching 20 years old...

If you're looking for a matic car, make sure it shifts properly. Smooth shifts, no shift shock. Tranny replacements can be extremely bothersome, and quite costly.

As mentioned, bring a mechanic with you. Don't be blinded by cheap prices, new paint jobs, low mileages and numerous modifications. For all we know, it could be covering up an extremely problematic car. The most bone stock unit is the best prospect. Preferably still with original paint.
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

8. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Thanks sir.. since youve recommended considering the lynx but looking at private sellers price is *150k tama lang ba presyuhan?
    budget ko kasi is 100k lang. any other recommendations?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Izeman022 View Post
    Thanks sir.. since youve recommended considering the lynx but looking at private sellers price is *150k tama lang ba presyuhan?
    budget ko kasi is 100k lang. any other recommendations?
    Since you're looking for a matic, the Lynx would no longer be a good prospect. That is, unless you are still amenable towards manuals?

The Sentra is the newest car you can get for your money, aside from the Lynx. This usually means less headaches to deal with.

The AE101 Corolla (93-97) is also a good choice. You get excellent performance and legendary Toyota reliability. But it's resale value is much higher than the Nissan, and it's not that much better.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    100K may still get you a good sentra. kaunting tiyaga lang..
    i prefer owner-seller from dealer.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Help! Buying On 2nd Hand Car Shops or Buying On Private Sellers Online?