New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I'm eyeing for this 2010 Civic FD AT. My concern is its mileage of 100,000kms. Being 7 years old and having this mileage, will the automatic transmission still last for many more years or will I be shouldering its costly repair very soon if I get the car?

By the way, its asking price is P450K (negotiable). So far, the car is in very good condition. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    I'm eyeing for this 2010 Civic FD AT. My concern is its mileage of 100,000kms. Being 7 years old and having this mileage, will the automatic transmission still last for many more years or will I be shouldering its costly repair very soon if I get the car?

By the way, its asking price is P450K (negotiable). So far, the car is in very good condition. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks!
    if the AT is in question... ask the seller if he has recently changed the atf.

maintenance of the AT.. is simply drain and fill ng ATF... if he has done so regularly(every 40K) then it should last another 3 years...

a test drive is necessary to gauge if the AT is not jerking whatsoever.. this is the only way the AT can be analyzed properly...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    if the AT is in question... ask the seller if he has recently changed the atf.

maintenance of the AT.. is simply drain and fill ng ATF... if he has done so regularly(every 40K) then it should last another 3 years...

a test drive is necessary to gauge if the AT is not jerking whatsoever.. this is the only way the AT can be analyzed properly...
    how does one know if ATF is regularly changed?
    makikita ba ito sa dipstick?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    no one knows... if it was change recently then it will look reddish. test driving is the only way to confirm if the at works fine.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by StockEngine; August 13th, 2017 at 07:47 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Maghanap ka pa iba......... taas na kilometer in just 7years....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    Maghanap ka pa iba......... taas na kilometer in just 7years....
    its not the odo... 450k is asking too much heheheg

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    Honda ATF has a light texture and viscosity compared to aftermarket ATF. Ask the owner if he uses only Honda ATF. Smell the dipstick for any burnt smell as it is a sure indicator of preeminent tranny failure.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    no one knows... if it was change recently then it will look reddish. test driving is the only way to confirm if the at works fine.

Thanks for the inputs guys.

When i took a look at the AT dipstick, ATF is new and reddish, the owner just had the 100K PMS done recently.
    During testdrive, shifting seems normal. No lag during shift changes, no abnormal shift jerk. Ang worry ko lang ay baka anytime soon, bibigay na ang AT system dahil sa edad ng kotse and the mileage.

Medyo mataas nga yata ang 450K for it? How much do you think is the resonable price I could ask the owner so it will be practical for me considering the car's age and mileage? Thanks again.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    Thanks for the inputs guys.

When i took a look at the AT dipstick, ATF is new and reddish, the owner just had the 100K PMS done recently.
    During testdrive, shifting seems normal. No lag during shift changes, no abnormal shift jerk. Ang worry ko lang ay baka anytime soon, bibigay na ang AT system dahil sa edad ng kotse and the mileage.

Medyo mataas nga yata ang 450K for it? How much do you think is the resonable price I could ask the owner so it will be practical for me considering the car's age and mileage? Thanks again.
    a similar model civic fd at is in olx now. 410K, with only 60K km, if you believe that.
    i am confident, it can still be tawaded.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    If the car looks fresh in and out, maybe around P370k is reasonable. If not so fresh then maybe P350k. In either case, you should have no reason to suspect that there is something wrong with the AT.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast