New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Hi po. I've read all the threads concerning these two cars, pero gulong-gulo pa rin ako kung ano bibilhin ko. My budget is very limited kse, only P150T.

94 Corolla GLi: P155T, blue green repainted, 110-115k km reading, looks nice, walang gasgas and all working, makati area.

97 Sentra Super Saloon: P145T, white, orig stock paint, 93k+ km reading, mejo faded na and some cracks sa paint, driver-side side mirror retract not working, power antenna not working (pero buo pa raw mga makina), bocaue bulacan.

Owners of both cars say the cars weren't flooded. Both cars are M/T, original mags.

Ano po mapapayo nyo? Ung corolla kse, despite its' age, ang mahal pa rin, pero mejo napakiusapan ko kaya ibibigay na sa ganyang price. Ung sentra naman, mas bago, chain driven pa, pero kelangan ko pa ipa-hilamos malamang, and some electrical ipapaayos. Ung sentra mas malamig ang aircon, pero ung corolla mas matipid sa gas and mas mura ang pyesa.

Ayaw ko na tumingin ng iba para di na gumulo isip ko. I've already considered and scratched from the list the following: kia pride, daihatsu charade, feroza, mazda familia glxi, lancer gli, civic esi.

I'm also open to the series 3 or 4 ex saloon, basta pasok sa budget and good condition, although hirap maghanap :D. Ano po advice nyo? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Corolla GLi pa rin. :clap: Love your own, :bleh:

Dami na din problema nung sentra ah, for sure meron din yan problema sa makina di lang sinasabi.

Teka, yung paint ba nung rolla registered na sa LTO ?

Test drive mo yung 2, para malaman mo.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    yes boss, registered na, kse 3 ang ending plate nya... ano po ang fuel consumption nyo sa gli nyo? matibay ba talaga? dami ko pa rin nakikitang gli sa daan na maganda pa rin talaga ang condition, unlike mga series 3 na puro laspag na and sira-sira na usually. di ko tuloy alam kung dahil ba sa alaga o talagang mas matibay ang corolla...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    additional: may na-inquire akong 97 series 3 ex saloon, repainted to anzahl red (red din orig color), nothing to fix, open deed, 118k km reading, P145T negotiable... good deal or 94 corolla gli pa rin? advice po please?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Sir, I don't own a gli but I do own an AE101, XL.

You can check my whole project 101 here : http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68464

Fuel consumption for my 2E ( 1.3L ) before was 10~11km/l city driving. But that was when I was still using pure gasoline. When I started using E-10 for almost 3 months by now fuel consumption for city is playing around 9~10km/l. Don't worry, I DO DRIVE hard most of the time. :hysterical:

The GLi should be better despite it's big engine because it's EFi powered already. ;)

And :btw: my 101 only has 64K on it's odo since it was bought brand new way back 1996. Mostly city driving kasi, I seldom go out of town.

consider getting a mazda pickup truck!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    as of now i'm leaning towards the 97 sentra ex saloon because:

1. 1.4L EFI engine (matipid?)
    2. 97 model (mas bagong modelo)
    3. manual windows/side mirrors (less problems with electronics fouling up)
    4. 145T negotiable (more bang for the buck?)

94 Corolla GLi:

1. 1.6L EFI engine (more power when you need it?)
    2. 94 model (mejo matanda na, pero still looks pogi, more than the sentra)
    3. all power (pag nag-stuck, problema)
    4. 155T fixed (mura na rin for this model di ba?)

What do you guys think?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Sir, if you want you can opt for the XE variant. All manual except the steering. ;)

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Sir, if you want you can opt for the XE variant. All manual except the steering. ;)
    thanks for the suggestion paps, but i'm not considering carb models anymore due to the e10 issue.

So it now boils down to 3 models: 96/97 Sentra SS, 96/97 Sentra EX, 92-97 Corolla GLi.

I read up on the Nissan and Toyota threads, and common to my choices are idling issues. Less common with the Corolla though. Fuel consumption is about the same for the 3 models too. I guess it would all depend on how well maintained the car is...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    in my opinion, they are about equal. i guess that means you test drive each car and see which is most comfortable to you and your passengers.. i have a 1997 sentra EX, and i sure miss the times i would play with the engine and carb settings like when i had a 12R and 4K...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
HELP: 94 Corolla GLi or 97 Sentra SS?