New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    I'm getting a new car, but couldn't decide which one to buy. If you were to choose between Ford Focus 2012 and Lancer Ex GTA, which car would you go for? I'm 24, and a woman. Heh!

hi bisforbowie. depends on what you are looking for. care to share what is/are your criteria?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    I will have to admit I don't know much about cars =( Hence, this thread.

I'm neither a die-hard Ford enthusiast or a Mitsubishi fanboy. Maybe a Toyota Altis would be also a good option since replacement parts and service are easy to find. But if you would consider only the Focus and the Lancer I'd tell you to get a diesel Focus since I'm a dieselhead.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Lancer EX gta. or better yet ASX aka lancer on stilts. more security during the rainy season which is 12months per year

6. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    I agree on ASX, much better ride.

why did u limit the choice to only the ford focus and the lancer gta? there must be a reason.

siguro for someone not so knowledgeable to cars, better go for a safe choice. yung madali ang maintenance, parts, service.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bisforbowie View Post
    I'm getting a new car, but couldn't decide which one to buy. If you were to choose between Ford Focus 2012 and Lancer Ex GTA, which car would you go for? I'm 24, and a woman. Heh!
    Which particular Focus are you looking at? The sedan? Hatchback? Diesel or gasoline?

Personally, (among the Focus options) I would prefer the Focus A/T turbo-diesel hatchback. It looks sporty, goes quite fast and still relatively frugal on the fuel. This is based on the current out-going Focus, with assumption the newer 2012 Focus would build on it's strengths.

BUT choosing between the Focus, Lancer EX GTA and ASX... I would choose the ASX. Between the ASX & GTA, the ASX has a better interior, the same engine & mechanicals as the Lancer EX.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; February 19th, 2012 at 02:05 PM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i remember the last time that a woman asked for my service and wouldnt want anything but a car.... shes a nurse who drives from makati to binondo everyday. it was her first car (civic). since im more into providing suitability rather than earnings i told her that she would rather consider something that has a better ground clearance( height from ground) due to road conditions and... you guessed it right... flood. in a way she regrets the choice til this day. of course i couldnt insist the advantage of such a vehicle compared to a stylish car and client's own decision ( in which before she came to me she already has made up her mind) i just provided her the best financing deal that i could offer. she got the unit. it may not be the same situation that you may have right now (route to work and only car she has right now) but you might want to consider comfort... ease and worry- free everyday driving. ASX is a good choice or probably a tucson. if you need assistance to cover every choice for test drives and deals. dont hesitate to pm me. its should be suitability over anything else. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by autobroker360 View Post
    ASX is a good choice or probably a tucson
    Due to the e-VGT engine the Tucson may be a better option than the ASX...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Getting a new car: Ford Focus 2012 or Lancer Ex GTA?