New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Ranger. You don't seem to need the added utility of the Montero.

Then, just get yourself a sliding cover for the rear bed so you can put bags or whatever sturdy cargo you have.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    for single like... Go for the ranger... THEN put on 20" shoes, 2 inch lift, snorkel, flarings, ford grill...

wow factor na yan...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've been looking for a new ride before, set the budget and goes down to the same 2 cars you are choosing right now... I have friends and colleague who has a montero and ranger so I ride with them to see and feel it... they even let me drive it to and from our meetings...

Which one I got? well nothing.. some emergency got in the way and the budget is diverted into that...

I am a family man and because of this, I am leaning towards Montero due to practical reasons (price, additional seat that can be folded flat, big cargo area, better ride, high ground clearance, etc.) but if it is becoming our 3rd car or I am single like you... Ranger in a heartbeat will be my choice... I really like it the first time I saw it.

right now my ride is still my old but reliable SUV...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Ranger. You don't seem to need the added utility of the Montero.

Then, just get yourself a sliding cover for the rear bed so you can put bags or whatever sturdy cargo you have.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Thanks bud, this will be my plan of action should I get the Ranger. I think I want one of those Aeroklas (sp?) hard covers.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    for single like... Go for the ranger... THEN put on 20" shoes, 2 inch lift, snorkel, flarings, ford grill...

wow factor na yan...
    Sounds good! But I will probably keep this stock for a while. Hehe. Dagdag gastos talaga once modding starts.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 5Speed View Post
    I've been looking for a new ride before, set the budget and goes down to the same 2 cars you are choosing right now... I have friends and colleague who has a montero and ranger so I ride with them to see and feel it... they even let me drive it to and from our meetings...

Which one I got? well nothing.. some emergency got in the way and the budget is diverted into that...

I am a family man and because of this, I am leaning towards Montero due to practical reasons (price, additional seat that can be folded flat, big cargo area, better ride, high ground clearance, etc.) but if it is becoming our 3rd car or I am single like you... Ranger in a heartbeat will be my choice... I really like it the first time I saw it.

right now my ride is still my old but reliable SUV...
    Pretty tough right? The price really sets these two side-by-side. I don't know why as well, but when I say I'm single, people automatically pick the Ranger. Haha! Maybe it's just me, but the Montero (the white one specifically) really appeals to me - sporty and classy at the same time. I've been around for the past week and I noticed that I like the one I see last. Haha! Man maybe I should just flip a coin. )

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I am the threadstarter by the way, found my original account.

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Get the blue ranger bro, mukha na luma ang montero, , you'll get the 7 seaters montero for what? Hangang single kapa samantalahin mo na pagkakataon, once na may asawa kana and may bata na, mag iiba na mindset mo and for sure mas marami kang mases*x sa ranger hahaha!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 3GEMS View Post
    Get the blue ranger bro, mukha na luma ang montero, , you'll get the 7 seaters montero for what? Hangang single kapa samantalahin mo na pagkakataon, once na may asawa kana and may bata na, mag iiba na mindset mo and for sure mas marami kang mases*x sa ranger hahaha!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HAHAHAHA that's what I'm talking about. Pang-chicks ang labanan. Haha! Yan din sabi ng mga tao, baka mag-all-new Montero na, but I doubt it kasi 2008 pa lang ata yung current. The Fortuner started around 2005-2006 and it's still the same model.

Choosing between a white Montero vs. a Black/White Ranger XLT!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Baka sir bigla kang maging married with dependents with the ranger

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by leodawesome View Post
    Baka sir bigla kang maging married with dependents with the ranger
    Yun lang. Biglang kailanganin ng Monty just because of the Ranger. Haha! Madalas actually pag guys ang tinatanong, 80% Ranger ang pipiliin. Pag girl, half-half. :p

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast