New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hi Mga sirs.

Im hunting for a car and below are my choices. Im not really well versed when it comes to their differences and pros and cons
    Although I know Sentras reputation when it comes to their AC.

1. Sentra
    2. Lancer pizza
    3. Ford lynx

Although Im really leaning on Ford Lynx. I'm unsure if the model has a cancer since its few, well too few.

Since it is my first car. Corolla is an option but i would like to be stay away from the norm

Plus pogi points sakin yung naka lowered with a decent mag wheels and sound system.

But Im open for your negative feedbacks to really weigh in my options

Thanks,
    Pat

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hi guys.. Up ko lang po query ko.. Thanks

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    at 170k, the newer the better.
    i think the lancer and the sentra has that in your price range.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the sentra has a repuration for "gas-guzzling", but my old sentra gave me 8-9 km/li in the city, and i drove short distances (5-7 km per trip).
    i know that napaka-tibay ng sentra.
    yes, sabi nila malamig daw ang aircon ng sentra. but sentra aircon parts are also more expensive, in my experience...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Same experience... AC issues cost a lot on Nissans.

Get the newest you can get within that price range. All three will have a number of electronic issues at that price... typically cam position sensors on the Lynx, throttle body/IACV issues on the Lancer and possibly MAF issues with the Sentra (among other things...).

At this age, better to focus on actual condition rather than brand. Doesn't matter if you can get a Civic or a Corolla at 170k, if it's on its last legs, its on its last legs.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...