New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Please guide me in buying a 2nd hand car, what papers do I need to get from the seller and do I need to register other things in LTO? please help thanks

how about when it comes to maintenance? What are the things that I should fix first after buying?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    what you need from the seller is a notarized DOS, original copy of the OR and CR, release of chattle mortgage (including bank certification) if applicable, photocopy of 2 valid id's with specimen signature. it would be much better kung may TMG clearance na sana before kayo magbayaran.

depende sa maintenance history pero kung doubtful ka, you can never go wrong with changing all fluids ( engine/ATF/differential/rad coolant etc). check mo din timing belt vs mileage, again if duda, palit na lang para peace of mind.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rst619 View Post
    what you need from the seller is a notarized DOS, original copy of the OR and CR, release of chattle mortgage (including bank certification) if applicable, photocopy of 2 valid id's with specimen signature. it would be much better kung may TMG clearance na sana before kayo magbayaran.

depende sa maintenance history pero kung doubtful ka, you can never go wrong with changing all fluids ( engine/ATF/differential/rad coolant etc). check mo din timing belt vs mileage, again if duda, palit na lang para peace of mind.
    sorry for being newbie, what is the notarize DOS? is't the deep of sale of the seller? im also planning to buy a used car and also my first time, can you specify clearly the need for the buyer to the seller in a very safe way and also planning to pay him/her thru bank to bank basis. thank you very much.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    DOS = deed of sale po.

Sige try natin step by step.

First check mo muna if hawak ng seller ang original copy ng OR/CR. (official receipt )/( certificate of registration).

Check mo kung may annotation na "Encumbered" across sa CR. If so, hingi ka release of chattel mortgage and bank certification stating settled na ung loan.

Hingi ka copy ng OR and CR.

Check mo if the seller's name is the one on the OR/CR. If not, hanap ka ng proof of ownership. ( Ibig sabihin notarized DOS with ID's and specimen signature - dapat name appearing on the CR to the person selling the car )

Pa check mo sa LTO and TMG kung clean ang papers. meaning walang LETAS ( Law Enforcement and Traffic Adjudication System? ) aprehension and walang stolen car report.

pag nagawa mo na ito at clear naman sa lahat, gawa na kayo ng DOS, pa notarize mo then hingi ka ng 2 valid id niya na may signature. pa photocopy mo, then papirmahin mo siya sa photocopy. dapat lahat ng pirma niya ( sa DOS, ID's and specimen sa photocopy ) ay pareho.

bayaran mo na.

then go to the LTO branch where the car was first registered ( nasa upper middle portion ng CR ) and have it transferred to your name na.

HTH

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    STEP1. Check the original papers( OR, CR, DEED OF SALE, 2 valid ids with signature).Kung sa company naka pangalan dapat may kasama secretary certificate.At kung may nakalagay na encumbered sa CR dapat may kasama na original na cancellation of mortgage.

STEP2 Check mo yung chassis(dapat buo walang kalawang at walang cutting or welding) at engine number na nakalagay sa CR kung pareho sila sa sasakyan.( I bought an L300 van last year and went to check it all except for step 2 lol. ayun changed engine pala kaya problema)

STEP 3 Photo copy mo yung mga original papers, punta ka sa LTO office kung saan naka file yung sasakyan.Check and compare mo yung papers doon sa LTO kung pareho .Pa verify mo sometimes may 50 pesos verification fee na bnabayaran.Dito malalaman mo kung updated ang registro, kung merong mga traffic fines( baka nakabangga yan or involve sa road accidents or bka naka pending at involve sa court case yung kotse).Dito mo rin malalaman kung talagang orig yung papers ng oto.A friend of mine bought a 2004 Revo Sr last month.He didn't bother to verify since naka pangalan naman sa may ari na nagbenta yung kotse.Ayun sablay talon pala sa financing ,meaning hindi pa bayad sa banko or sa financing institution ginawan lang ng papel para kunyari bayad na.When you go to LTO at verify malalaman mo kasi yung history ng oto.

Step 4 Pa PC/ TMG clearance ka.

Pag ok yang apat na yan bayaran mo na.okidoki?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by downshift2 View Post

STEP 3 Photo copy mo yung mga original papers, punta ka sa LTO office kung saan naka file yung sasakyan.Check and compare mo yung papers doon sa LTO kung pareho .Pa verify mo sometimes may 50 pesos verification fee na bnabayaran.Dito malalaman mo kung updated ang registro, kung merong mga traffic fines( baka nakabangga yan or involve sa road accidents or bka naka pending at involve sa court case yung kotse).Dito mo rin malalaman kung talagang orig yung papers ng oto.A friend of mine bought a 2004 Revo Sr last month.He didn't bother to verify since naka pangalan naman sa may ari na nagbenta yung kotse.Ayun sablay talon pala sa financing ,meaning hindi pa bayad sa banko or sa financing institution ginawan lang ng papel para kunyari bayad na.When you go to LTO at verify malalaman mo kasi yung history ng oto.

Step 4 Pa PC/ TMG clearance ka.

Pag ok yang apat na yan bayaran mo na.okidoki?
    Sorry about being so ignorant, but if I go to LTO, what do I tell them for verification? As for TMG, do I just approach anyone there and tell them I need clearance?

Also, if the car is from the province can I have the car verifie at any LTO office? And if Im buying from the province, may TMG ba in every province?

Also, magkano magpanotarize? I heard kasi some lawyers would charge as much as 10% of the value of the sale. May masmura bang paraan?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sent from my SM-G935U using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Question.

Pag ba bumili ka ng 2nd hand na kotse and let say yung kotse ay under Casa Warranty, tapos meron nasira nung binili mo, pwede kaba mag claim ng warranty kahit hindi pa sayo naka pangalan ang kotse?

Meron ka lang DOS.

Same goes with Comprehensive Insurance. Pwede kaba mag claim kahit hindi sayo naka pangalan?

Same goes din na Let Say, Sayo na nakapangalan ang kotse pero sa Record ng Insurance and Casa nasa 1st owner parin. Pwede ba yun?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorjay12 View Post
    Question.

Pag ba bumili ka ng 2nd hand na kotse and let say yung kotse ay under Casa Warranty, tapos meron nasira nung binili mo, pwede kaba mag claim ng warranty kahit hindi pa sayo naka pangalan ang kotse?

Meron ka lang DOS.

Same goes with Comprehensive Insurance. Pwede kaba mag claim kahit hindi sayo naka pangalan?

Same goes din na Let Say, Sayo na nakapangalan ang kotse pero sa Record ng Insurance and Casa nasa 1st owner parin. Pwede ba yun?
    from the top of my hat,
    i think casa will still warranty the vehicle. but to be sure, give them a call.
    some car owners actually cancel their cars' compre insurance, when they sell the car. "sayang ang refund".
    you will have to go ask the insurer, for the un-canceled part of the contract be transfered to your name. you must remember, whose name is listed under "beneficiary".
    Last edited by dr. d; January 18th, 2018 at 11:27 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    from the top of my hat,
    i think casa will still warranty the vehicle. but to be sure, give them a call.
    some car owners actually cancel their cars' compre insurance, when they sell the car. "sayang ang refund".
    you will have to go ask the insurer, for the un-canceled part of the contract be transfered to your name. you must remember, whose name is listed under "beneficiary".
    Thanks Sir!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
First time in buying car(2nd hand)