New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Hey guys . So a quick update, my mom has decided to increase the budget since she said this will be her last big purchase before she retires. Right now the budget is 1.6M -1.7M. I've asked some sales agent and as of now our top choice is the 2020 Mitsubishi Montero Sports GT 4x2 which is heavily discounted right now (320k) and puts it within the budget. Another pick is the Ford Everest Trend which is also within the budget when the discount is factored in.

A lot of people here owns a Montero and they say parts are not a problem here in the island and there are a lot of mechanics knowledgeable on it. As for PMS, we're fine with travelling out of the island for it. What do you guys think? Other choices would be the Fortuner G AT and the base model Honda CR-V (the Gas and the V Diesel variant).

We've considered a Toyota but we feel that the base Fortuner is too bare

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Montero GT 4x2 is an absolute awesome choice. No regrets there. Bought 1 a year ago for my mom. She loves it.

I think the latest GT 4x2 now has 360 camera and hill descent control.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Montero GT 4x2 is an absolute awesome choice. No regrets there. Bought 1 a year ago for my mom. She loves it.

I think the latest GT 4x2 now has 360 camera and hill descent control.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Yep they've added a 360 camera for both the GLS and GT 4x2 variants for this year. Unfortunately the 2021 model is outside the budget.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Okay ang Montero. Pickup at PPVs ay workhorse sa province. Mas common nga malamang parts at alam ng mga mekaniko.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 B View Post
    Hey guys . So a quick update, my mom has decided to increase the budget since she said this will be her last big purchase before she retires. Right now the budget is 1.6M -1.7M. I've asked some sales agent and as of now our top choice is the 2020 Mitsubishi Montero Sports GT 4x2 which is heavily discounted right now (320k) and puts it within the budget. Another pick is the Ford Everest Trend which is also within the budget when the discount is factored in.

A lot of people here owns a Montero and they say parts are not a problem here in the island and there are a lot of mechanics knowledgeable on it. As for PMS, we're fine with travelling out of the island for it. What do you guys think? Other choices would be the Fortuner G AT and the base model Honda CR-V (the Gas and the V Diesel variant).

We've considered a Toyota but we feel that the base Fortuner is too bare
    My niece bought a Montero last year & she said they bought it cheap because some of the units trimmings were tarnished by the ash fall from the Taal eruption a year ago. The damage is not severe though, only the silver trimmings were affected. It is a good choice though, with all the discounts & you may want to check the unit thoroughly for any corrosion as they may be disposing of those units.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    My niece bought a Montero last year & she said they bought it cheap because some of the units trimmings were tarnished by the ash fall from the Taal eruption a year ago. The damage is not severe though, only the silver trimmings were affected. It is a good choice though, with all the discounts & you may want to check the unit thoroughly for any corrosion as they may be disposing of those units.
    Same the the Xpander we got last June 2020. The dealership asked if it is okay with us to de-chrome and have it flat black, or wait for a few months for the replacement emblems. We decided to go flat black and some discounts.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Thanks for the advice. So that's why they have big discounts on 2020 models. We'll keep that in mind if we do decide to purchase a 2020 Montero. Apart from the Montero, what would be a good choice for the budget?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Small crossovers like the CRV, Tucson, CX5 or Sportage will fall within your budget. An advantage of the crossover is a much better, refined ride & comfort. Generally, they are also more fuel efficient except if you get an awd or 4x4.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Small crossovers like the CRV, Tucson, CX5 or Sportage will fall within your budget. An advantage of the crossover is a much better, refined ride & comfort. Generally, they are also more fuel efficient except if you get an awd or 4x4.
    Unless you opt for the gas-powered models, the diesel-fed crossovers will be more fuel efficient than the PPVs. The CRV is in a good position to challenge the PPVs as it offers the riding comfort of crossovers with the fuel thriftiness of a diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    We're also considering the CR-V as it doesn't look that bare for it's price. Is the V variant of the CR-V good? They say it's the base model compared to the S gas variant but the advantage is it's diesel and is a 7-seater

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast