New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    A friend of mine is trying to sell his car. He says that he prefers to transact with direct buyers instead of going through agents/referrals because they would ask for a "finder's fee" (in other words, commission).
    It's been months but he's still having difficulty looking for buyers of his car. He says that he now looks inclined to seek the help of car sales agents. He is asking how much would be a fair "finder's fee"?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I just sold our Toyota Innova after 2 months since I first published it. I dealt with direct buyers and agents. Fortunately, I sold it to a direct buyer at a better price than the agents offered.

One agent that I talked with asked for a P5k commission. I think this is reasonable.

I'm now selling my friend's car, and, she would give me a 2% commission.

If you deal with agents, they are persistent and would haggle for very low price and some of them are double blades.

By the way, what's the model and brand of the car. I might help your friend sell it.

:eat: [SIZE="1"]3826[/SIZE]
    Last edited by j_avonni; November 30th, 2008 at 09:13 AM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    I just sold our Toyota Innova after 2 months since I first published it. I dealt with direct buyers and agents. Fortunately, I sold it to a direct buyer at a better price than the agents offered.

One agent that I talked with asked for a P5k commission. I think this is reasonable.

I'm now selling my friend's car, and, she would give me a 2% commission.

If you deal with agents, they are persistent and would haggle for very low price and some of them are double blades.

By the way, what's the model and brand of the car. I might help your friend sell it.

:eat: [SIZE="1"]3826[/SIZE]
    Sorry for the late reply. My friend was able to sell his car last Monday. He found a buyer not through a sales agent but through his neighbor who is a mechanic.
    The car was a 1997 Civic LXi which was sold for P220k. My friend asked his neighbor after the sale how much he owes him. His neighbor said, "Bahala na kayo." He gave P10k to the old chap. Naawa raw siya. Natuwa naman si neighbor niya.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by isketi View Post
    Sorry for the late reply. My friend was able to sell his car last Monday. He found a buyer not through a sales agent but through his neighbor who is a mechanic.
    The car was a 1997 Civic LXi which was sold for P220k. My friend asked his neighbor after the sale how much he owes him. His neighbor said, "Bahala na kayo." He gave P10k to the old chap. Naawa raw siya. Natuwa naman si neighbor niya.

Okay na yan. At least, everybody happy!

:coffee: [SIZE="1"]3846[/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    One of the security guards in our village helped me find a buyer. Its a 1999 Revo SR 1.8EFI AT which we sold for P280,000. I gave him P3000 for his effort. That was the car na pinalitan namin with the Santa Fe. Just sold it 2 weeks ago.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ako rin tulungan niyo .. check niyo post ko sa car finder.. ahihihihi bank finance po ito.. TIA

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by isketi View Post
    galante namanng friend mo,for me 5k is more than enough...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    galante namanng friend mo,for me 5k is more than enough...

help mo naman ako shadow ... mura pala sayo ehh .. TIA

Finder's fee