New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Accord for me, it’s the better car between the two unless you want an MT car. The Accord will also be the quicker and faster car. It may be bigger but it’s one of the best-driving FWD cars and it’s Honda’s best commuter car.

In terms of FC, the 8th gen Accord 2.4L (assuming it is the 4-banger) would average between 6-7 km/L on city routes and 10-12 km/L on the highway. The Civic FD would do around 8-9 km/L for city driving and around 15 km/L on the highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    with the choices... grab na lng

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Take into consideration that the civic will be cheaper and easier when it comes to finding parts since its so common. Also consider the length of the accord... in other countries, that gen was already classified as a full sized sedan. You might have difficulty parking in tight spots.

If it were me though... Accord all the way. Its just so damn classy.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    saw 2 09 accords.. looks pretty good.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    in my opinion, that only thing that's relatively less with a used accord versus used civic, its its acquisition price.
    if you do not really need that much interior space, go civic.
    but this is just me.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Midsize cars have relatively more robust construction and prove to be more durable. In the case of the Accord, one of the best things about it is its suspension. The 8th gen Accord (2008-2012) are the last Accords to have double-wishbone front suspensions which make it handle well in normal and spirited driving, plus it can be lowered easily. It is also the last Accord generation to have a hydraulic power steering system and Accords have always been among the best in steering responsiveness among commuter cars. More recent generations of the Accord have shifted to stiffer-tuned McPherson struts paired with electronic power steering (EPS).

Like any Honda with AT tranny and hydraulic power steering systems, make sure to check for fluid leaks and ask the previous owner if fluid maintenance of such systems are religiously done.

In case the TS is looking at the 3.5L V6 model, it will surely consume more gas but you get one very potent midsizer on your hands. It is deceptively quick and fast for its looks. Not everybody drives a daily commuter car with 270hp. For the V6 8th gen Accords, make sure to check if the VCM (Variable Cylinder Management) is working properly.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    same age, condition and price .. accord

8. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    For those asking for the engine, the accord that im looking at is a 2.4 ivtec.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by trann123 View Post
    For those asking for the engine, the accord that im looking at is a 2.4 ivtec.
    The good thing about the Honda K24 engine is that it is commonly used among different platforms - Accord (7th, 8th, 9th gen), CRV AWD (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen), and Odyssey (Asian model).

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Accord given your choices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast