New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Good Day all,

I'm thinking if i should sell my 2006 Honda City Idsi CVT so I would be able to finance my dp for a house. I was wondering how much I could sell it? it's got 140 k+ kms on it now color black with minor scratches.

Another question is, what's a good car to replace it with at around 150k? Criteria is:

1) A/t tranny so my wife could drive it,
    2) Easy maintenance,
    3) fuel efficient,
    4) cool aircon for my daughter.
    5) classic look?
    6) Could run for another 10 years.

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    mid to late 90's corolla, sentra, lancer and walang civic mahal kasi un para sa budget nyo sir

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponkan View Post
    mid to late 90's corolla, sentra, lancer and walang civic mahal kasi un para sa budget nyo sir
    i see... im looking at either the mid to late 90's corolla gli at or honda city 97 at.. which on is better?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Sell your City, get a Type Z City AT, ipon ulit for the house DP.

Honestly, wala kang makukuha na AT na ok for 150k only.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Problem there is if you buy a cheaper car, repairs might eat up your house amortization. It might be more prudent to keep the car as you're familiar with it and just save up for the D/P of avail of any zero-interest amortization d/p if there is any. Don't forget to factor in other costs to your house purchase such as mortgage fees, taxes, transfer fees, association joining fees, move-in fees, etc.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    ^^

thanks for the advise... i think you're right... might as well save up more and not bring the car more often...

the type z is a very good idea as well, we owned the manual before and it was very agile and response was really quick..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by marktams86 View Post
    ^^

thanks for the advise... i think you're right... might as well save up more and not bring the car more often...

the type z is a very good idea as well, we owned the manual before and it was very agile and response was really quick..
    An AT Type Z is about as agile as the MT variant. And about as fuel efficient. But I have a 1st hand experience with it when it was just about 3-4yrs old. Time may erode more performance though.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Problem there is if you buy a cheaper car, repairs might eat up your house amortization. It might be more prudent to keep the car as you're familiar with it and just save up for the D/P of avail of any zero-interest amortization d/p if there is any. Don't forget to factor in other costs to your house purchase such as mortgage fees, taxes, transfer fees, association joining fees, move-in fees, etc.
    Agree with vinj. Better to keep your current ride, since I assume you've given it some TLC, and save up for the house. Aside from older cars usually being more expensive to maintain, you don't know exactly how they've been maintained.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I am also for keeping your existing ride. I've been there, done that.
    Resulted in spending more for additional maintenance....

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    ^^

Points well taken sir... I would have to save up more for the house DP and will lessen the use of the car... Mahal na rin kasi nang parking dito sa makati eh. spend around 2600 a month for parking alone.. commute2x nalang muna... kung di lang nag wowork wife ko sa bgc i could just commute everyday...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Downgrading my Car