New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    I am planning to buy my first brand new car, can you share anong negotiation techniques ang normally effective?

In my case eto ung finalist sa choices ko:
    Fiesta 1.5L
    Accent 1.6L (Dsl)
    Elantra 1.6L
    Altis 1.6E

My budget is a bit tight kaya major deciding factor for me is price.
    I'm interested to know especially, gano kalaki or ilang percent from the list price normally ang nadidiscount pa.
    I really like to get the Elantra or Accent diesel, kaso medyo lampas sa budget. If I can have an attractive discount malamang madadalian ako sa decision ko.

Any other sulit tips is welcome!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    More important would be the cost of ownership. Don't just go for who can offer the lowest price.

I'd go for the Toyota. It's practical and reliable. They are giving away big discounts now since the full model change for the Altis is coming up soon.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    If your buying in cash, it's a lot easier to negotiate. Give me what I want or I'll walk. Hehe

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    If your buying in cash, it's a lot easier to negotiate. Give me what I want or I'll walk. Hehe
    Archie, hindi ba mas maliit ang discount for cash buyers compared sa financing?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    More important would be the cost of ownership. Don't just go for who can offer the lowest price.

I'd go for the Toyota. It's practical and reliable. They are giving away big discounts now since the full model change for the Altis is coming up soon.
    Certainly, di lang about the lowest price. I have the 4 cars as options because they can meet my requirement sa isang kotse.
    If all of them is a candidate, then price can be the deciding factor.

ayan chief, interested ako, baka may info ka to how much discounts ang nabibigay ng Toyota for example.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    how about with financing?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sales talk lang yan ng mga agents na mas marami discount sa financing. Gusto rin kasi nila magka-commission. They rarely give discounts on actual price... It's more of free lto insurance and chattel. Standard discounts lang binibigay with the choice of ilagay sa monthly or sa dp.

Sa cash, I was able to bring the price down 15k less than the actual price with standard discounts. Hehe

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Oh my SA was able to give me a good discount rin pala for cash. He's the best talaga

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by maclab View Post

ayan chief, interested ako, baka may info ka to how much discounts ang nabibigay ng Toyota for example.
    60k na sa Altis. I am sure you can haggle some more.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pag altis then wait a couple more months when they are already trying to get rid of their old inventory. Mas malaki ang discount when a car model is to be replaced with an entirely new model. And at the last quarter of the year, when the new modle is already starting to be delivered, mas malaki discount sa outgoing model.

If other than altis then do not buy at the end of the month, naka-quota na mga s/a so mga suplada na sila pag humingi ka ng discount. At the start of he month di pa naka-quota mga yun so they will give as much discount as possible. October is a good month to buy a car, bayaran ng tuition fee so not too many people buy cars.

usually they will give a 3-5% discount. If you want a bigger discount then look for their test drive unit. Some test drive units are sold with as much as 60% off the tag price.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast