New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    No offense bro, but your situation is a no brainer, ditch the car plan, sa iyo na nanggaling, hindi mo kaya, your judgement is probably clouded by your subconcious want to own a car. Having a baby is not a reason to buy a car. Dami dyang taxi, uber at grab, and don't tell me hirap kumuha ng taxi pag rush hour, kontrata lang katapat nyan.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by akosila View Post
    Haha. Yes I am asking for your inputs if youre in my position.
    Drop the wife then. Buy a car find a couple of GFs. Dilemma in buying a car

Or

Maybe your MIL will float you the car. It's for her daughter's well-being naman. Wedding gift plus baby shower na yun sabihin mo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    No offense bro, but your situation is a no brainer, ditch the car plan, sa iyo na nanggaling, hindi mo kaya, your judgement is probably clouded by your subconcious want to own a car. Having a baby is not a reason to buy a car. Dami dyang taxi, uber at grab, and don't tell me hirap kumuha ng taxi pag rush hour, kontrata lang katapat nyan.
    no offense taken, bro. Thanks for the input. Mukhang better option nga mag uber/grab nalang.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Drop the wife then. Buy a car find a couple of GFs. Dilemma in buying a car

Or

Maybe your MIL will float you the car. It's for her daughter's well-being naman. Wedding gift plus baby shower na yun sabihin mo

This is what happened to my colleague. Their house in the south came from his parents and their car came from his wife's parents. And yet he tells us how extremely expensive it is to have a baby (milk, diapers and vaccines)

Why not buy a used car so you don't have any loans? Also consider the cost of parking in Makati. You can pay as much as P230 per day. Honestly there are a lot of pregnant women who survived commuting, it easy and cheap to take a cab/uber everyday since you live and work in Makati. That's what my friend does P80 to P100 from condo to office. Still cheaper than owning a car.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    This is what happened to my colleague. Their house in the south came from his parents and their car came from his wife's parents. And yet he tells us how extremely expensive it is to have a baby (milk, diapers and vaccines)

Why not buy a used car so you don't have any loans? Also consider the cost of parking in Makati. You can pay as much as P230 per day. Honestly there are a lot of pregnant women who survived commuting, it easy and cheap to take a cab/uber everyday since you live and work in Makati. That's what my friend does P80 to P100 from condo to office. Still cheaper than owning a car.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for sharing this. Yes agree, ang mahal nga ng parking dito sa Makati, pahirapan and may pila pa.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    But you still have to talk to your wife. Baka gusto talaga niya magkaroon kotse na kayo. Happy wife, happy life.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by akosila View Post
    Thanks for the inputs.

I don't want na mag commute kami if ever we are blessed with a child lalo na if nagdadalang tao na si misis.

The problem in purchasing a house is that we are not yet decided on what city to stay, if ever Paranaque is one of the choices pero if kumuha na ng house, then we have to commute.

Assuming na walang problem sa budget ng car + maintenance + baby.

magkakaproblem lang talaga if rent (not own house) + car + maintenance + baby.

Does your maintenance cover your parking expenses sa work and gas? If not,

You mentioned you work in Makati right? Think about the Parking expenses there. Maybe that parking expenses will cost more than that Maintenance cost. I live in Makati & used to work in that area, I do not bring my car whenever I go to work. Looking for a parking is so stressful + expensive parking fee. Taking a cab was cheaper. If you're just near and borderline budget issues, buying a car now is a financial disaster at your doorstep. Just my opinion.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Skip the car for the mean time. You can save up later and buy a used car that will meet your people-hauling needs.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Talked to my commander-in-chief and shared your inputs, she said,
    no car until further notice.

Just like that. she's the commander-in-chief.

Thanks for the inputs

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Look for a job in Bulacan, emerging markets na yan. And do wvery other thing that you plan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast