New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Good Day mga sir.

I am just having this dilemma.

We are planning to buy a car (Honda City) because we are planning to have a child.

We are renting our apartment now worth 15k, and additional 3k for a parking space. This is in Makati, and we just commute for 30mins and we are in the office.

However since we are planning to buy a car, 18k is too much for a rent, plus the additional cost of maintaining a car.

My dilemma:

1. Should I continue with the 18k rent?
    2. Should I look for a place (rent-to-own) but we still haven't looked into this option yet as we are not decided on what city to settle.
    3. Mother-in-Law is offering their place in Bulacan ~ 50KM away from office in Makati.

Your opinions are all welcome

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll shoot straight, drop your plan of buying a car. You still can't afford it. Unahin mo bahay/condo. Buying a car now will just add stress to your lives.

You still didn't factor in expenses pag naka baby na kayo.

Anyway you live in makati. So commute is not hard. Daming taxi diyan.

Again I will not recommend you to purchase a car at this point.

But again the decision is still between you and the wife.

If both you decided you really want to purchase the car now then go for it.

Kayo lang naman talaga nakakaalam ng totoong financials circumstances niyo eh.

But based on the surface kung ano lang sinabi mo. You can't afford a car now.

Think about your commute to and from work. 30minutes? That's like taking a bullet train.

About naman sa MIL mo.na from bulacan? It doesn't work that way bili ka ng kotse tapos lalayo ka naman ng bahay. Eh Di ganun din.

dagdag pa gastos mo. Amortization, toll, gas...parking fee then baka kailangan mo pa lagi mag drive thru dahil gutom ka na pauwi then sa morning naman wla na time mag BF dahil kailangan maaga umalis.

Plus baby expense pa and expenses while your wife is conceiving.

You will have a miserable life. No time for your family, leave early for work goes home late. Huwag na lang.

The perfect situation should be your present residence tapos mag commute ka pa rin to work the kotse is for weekend. Sarap ng buhay mo pag ganyan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shadow; August 18th, 2016 at 10:42 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if you are buying that car cold cash, then i do not see a problem.
    if you are buying it on installment basis, and you have a baby coming... you are the only one who can decide if your finances can absorb these or not.

sometimes, simply "down-grading" your choice of car can work wonders. consider a cheaper but still brand new car.. or a pre-owned car that is in good condition..

but i agree with shadow. if you have to think hard about it, then you probably won't be able to afford it.

and yes. house trumps car. always.

good luck, po.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 18th, 2016 at 10:35 AM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Between having a car and living far away vs no car but near the office, dun na ko sa malapit. Traffic is very very stressful on a daily basis.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Thanks for the inputs.

I don't want na mag commute kami if ever we are blessed with a child lalo na if nagdadalang tao na si misis.

The problem in purchasing a house is that we are not yet decided on what city to stay, if ever Paranaque is one of the choices pero if kumuha na ng house, then we have to commute.

Assuming na walang problem sa budget ng car + maintenance + baby.

magkakaproblem lang talaga if rent (not own house) + car + maintenance + baby.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Between having a car and living far away vs no car but near the office, dun na ko sa malapit. Traffic is very very stressful on a daily basis.

Mas ok sana kung malapit sa office na rent-to-own :D doon na ako :D

Thanks for the input sir

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by akosila View Post
    Thanks for the inputs.

I don't want na mag commute kami if ever we are blessed with a child lalo na if nagdadalang tao na si misis.

The problem in purchasing a house is that we are not yet decided on what city to stay, if ever Paranaque is one of the choices pero if kumuha na ng house, then we have to commute.

Alam ko na sa kotse na lang kayo tumira. Win-win-win. [emoji51]

Seriously you still can't afford it. You still have to give up one. Logical choice is the car or pwede din wife... It's your choice.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by akosila View Post
    Thanks for the inputs.

you seem to be answering your own questions. good!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Try buying a brand new entry level car. 10k or less monthly lang, medyo swak sa budget. Fuel efficient pa.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Haha. Yes I am asking for your inputs if youre in my position.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast