New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    hello to all. just helping my in-laws decide to replace their very uncomfortable toyota hi-ace. enough budget naman even for the more expensive tepee but which do you guys think is the best value for money among the 3? and can you rank them which is first choice, followed by whatever. thank you very much to all in advance.
    Last edited by moneyp; November 5th, 2017 at 10:02 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Kung oldies, i’d narrow it down to the Caddy and the Tepee, simple becaus of the dual sliding doors for both which make entry and exit easier.

Tepee and Caddy though are in different size and price levels. Caddy top end is 1.5m, while Tepee is 2.2m I think. Both have diesels.

Kung compact but usable 7 seats, Caddy. Kung mas malaki, Tepee.

One option is also the Grand Starex. It was one of my choices, but got a Caddy instead. But viable siya specially since it is just as big as the Tepee but cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    innova will be a good 15y imbesment

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    My mom who is in her late 70s had the same situation 2 weeks ago.
    Kung elderly na in-laws mo, mas madali pumasok sa caddy and tepee. Hardest to enter is the innova, that's acdg to my mom who has the old model.
    I offered her the caddy since i was thinking of getting one too but she's not too comfortable with the vw brand.
    I actually convinced her to get the camry which has wider doors, ease of entry and exit, excellent ride comfort and casa is right behind their house.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Also, i was in the same situation but panghatid ng 4 kids ko with a driver. I chose the innova since may unit agad, space is good and easy for kids and the wife to enter din compared to a ppv. Hate nila umakyat sa old fort and new monty ko.
    May starex na rin kami and we need a utility vehicle na pang harabas.
    Caddy ang 1st choice ko but hindi sumagot agad ang agent and sayang if driver lang gagamit.

Last edited by JJB; November 5th, 2017 at 11:53 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    As sir JJB said, why not provide her a midsize sedan instead?

We have both Toyota Camry and Kia Grand Carnival, and my elderly father prefers riding the Camry anytime of the day, mainly because of its ride height and ride quality.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Honda Odyssey? ...

Sedans and similar low vehicles do not have the ideal height for ingress and egress ...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    they only want diesel and they want something that can seat at least 7 people so that rules out sedans and vans that are petrol only.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by moneyp View Post
    they only want diesel and they want something that can seat at least 7 people so that rules out sedans and vans that are petrol only.
    Ako Caddy pa din, kasi not as big as the Tepee, but diesel and sliding doors.

Kung tipid, my 2.0liter TDI caddy tipid siya. One way from BGC to ACEA Subic hindi man gumalaw yung fuel gauge from F. Total roundtrip cost of gas was 950 pesos, Turbo Diesel pa na Petron gamit.

Current Caddy for sale is the 1.6TDI so likely mas matipid, given stop and go manila traffic.