New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    ang drawback lang ng diesel... mainit sa mata ng mga asbu, lalo na kung mga models na purely diesel like isuzu crosswind, mits. l300 or adventure. ingat sila sa mga innova kasi baka mapahiya sila na mapara yung petrol-fueled.

kapag naharang ka ng asbu, 100% bagsak ka sa smoke emission test.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Advantage ba ng gas... Less downtime? Considering less maintenance ang kailangan?

How about yung # of times ng visit sa casa?

As of now here are the vehicles on my shortlist...

Hyundai Elantra
    Hyundai Accent crdi hatch
    Hyundai Tucson CRDI
    Hyundai Santa Fe
    Kia Sportage CRDI
    Kia Sorento CRDI
    Kia Soul
    Kia Carnival
    Hyundai i30 cross
    Kia carens

Korean car fan, esp their crdi... sorry :D

Nakikita ko lang issue for now yung bad aftersales service.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    urbanmetal, I own a modern Korean diesel & I am very happy with it. I think the only maintenance disadvantage of the diesel is that you have to bring it to the casa every 5K to have the oil filter changed, as compared to a Gasoline counterpart wherein you have to change every 10k. Aside from that, the fuel savings (cost & consumption) are way better than a gasoline & a Korean diesel car runs really smooth, quiet & not smoky. As far as after sales service is concerned, there are so many horror stories with the aftersales of the Japaneses brands too. Just backread on the topics here.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Eto na naman gas vs diesel debate.
    Di totoo na mas magastos ang diesel. Mas magastos in a sense na mas mahal konti ang oil, mas marami ng mga 2-3 liters. Magkano lang yun. Every change oil lang yan. Once a year kapag fully synthetic.

-Maingay at vibrate. True. But try korean diesel. Baka akalain mong gas. So di na ganyan ang modern diesel

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Some diesels now have their PMS every 10k.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    VW-PH TDI (turbo diesel) vehicles have their PMS in 15k KM or 12-month cycles. This is what they told me when we inquired about the 2016 Jetta TDI.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    I myself prefer korean diesel cars over their gasoline counterparts. But there must be a reason why most cars still have gasoline engines, and that's what i'm trying to look into, just fir curiosity's sake.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Diesel.

Went to Baguio last week to spend the Holy Week there. With 5 occupants and a full cargo compartment, I got 13 km/L going up to Baguio.

Going down, I got 14.9 km/L.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Diesel.

Went to Baguio last week to spend the Holy Week there. With 5 occupants and a full cargo compartment, I got 13 km/L going up to Baguio.

Going down, I got 14.9 km/L.
    Bro i'm assuming your fc is the average from manila to baguio and back. Ang tipid ang ride mo, eco mode ka ba sa figures na ito?
    Maganda sana if you tried to reset your trip meter before hitting the incline to Baguio para malaman mo ang fc nya sa akyatan.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Para sa akin sedan or CUB ay gas dahil mas gusto ko smooth and tahimik ang ride...pero kung midsize SUV/Van ay diesel mas gusto ko. True mas mura diesel pero bibilangin mo ng ilang taon bago mo mabawi binayad mo sa brand new na sasakyan na diesel kaysa gas.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast