Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Please share your inputs. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmetal View Post
    Please share your inputs. Thanks!
    Any. It will depend on your preference. Diesels tend to cost a little more in terms of maintenance but are very frugal in terms of fuel consumption. Gas engines on the other hand offer better refinement and more affordable maintenance - but fuel is more expensive. In terms of power, modern diesels run just as fast (if not faster) than their gasoline counterparts in terms of displacement.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    matipid pag diesel shempre, pero halos parehas nadin ang de gas at de diesel. ang diesel may mga de turbo nadin kaya halos pareahs nadin. pero plus vote sa diesel ako..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Diesel will have a great advantage when it come's to economics. Maintenance included, the diesel still has gain as there's 10km oil change already for diesel using fully synthetic.

Kung hindi particular sa ingay at vibration + slow acceleration, diesel will be your best choice.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    Diesel will have a great advantage when it come's to economics. Maintenance included, the diesel still has gain as there's 10km oil change already for diesel using fully synthetic.

Kung hindi particular sa ingay at vibration + slow acceleration, diesel will be your best choice.
    Bro.,- ingay at vibration at slow acceleration - mitigated na sila sa mga bagong diesel engines...

SUV:
    Diesel at P20/L - 8Km/L - you spend P2.5 per km - So in 5,000Km,- you will spend P12,500 in fuel
    Gas at P30/L - 7Km/L - you spend P4.3 per km. So in 5,000Km,- you will spend P21,428 in fuel

Difference of P8,928 in fuel expense per 5,000 Km

Difference in vehicle prices (old Innova) between diesel and gasoline - P55,000

So, "payback" is around 6 cycles or roughly,- P30,000Km...

IMO, not bad... You do the math... Biggest factor now, IMO is the [%]difference in the prices of diesel and gasoline....

And of course, personal preferences.

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

29.1K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Last edited by CVT; March 29th, 2016 at 01:18 PM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Hi TS,
    If I may ask, what vehicles are you referring to?
    Is it the same car with both gas and diesel variants? (like accent and innova)
    If this is the case, then I think the SRP of the cars do not differ that much. My choice will then be the diesel variant.
    I travel around 120kms per day so the fuel consumption/fuel price factor really comes into play for me.
    Just be sure to know the maintenance costs of each so you can compare and compute which variant will be more practical for you.
    Just my 2 cents.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by makelovenotwar View Post
    Hi TS,
    If I may ask, what vehicles are you referring to?
    Is it the same car with both gas and diesel variants? (like accent and innova)
    If this is the case, then I think the SRP of the cars do not differ that much. My choice will then be the diesel variant.
    I travel around 120kms per day so the fuel consumption/fuel price factor really comes into play for me.
    Just be sure to know the maintenance costs of each so you can compare and compute which variant will be more practical for you.
    Just my 2 cents.
    120kms a day.. I suggest you get the diesel variant nga. I have the diesel accent (the 1.6 one) and what can I say? It is leaps and bounds more powerful than any of the gasoline subcompacts I've driven. Plus it sips diesel like a baby - 18km per liter that is.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    I assume TS is referring to which costs less? Depends on the car and the mileage you plan to sell it. Diesel is almost always the more economical choice if the price difference between diesel and gas variants are close. If you're talking about a 900K price difference like the Land Cruiser Prado, it'll take a lot of Kms to make up the price difference.

Heck, even the Patrol Royale (5.7L gas) at 3.9M seems like a bargain compared to the LC 200 (4.5 diesel) at 4.47M. If you plan to sell it before it hits 100TKms the Patrol makes more sense. Otherwise, LC200 all the way.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006

10. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Yep I've watched all his videos. Problema kasi, onti ang viable options dito sa pinas pag diesel.

For me only korean cars are considered GOOD. Others are just above the "minimum requirements" aka mediocre. Except for Subaru and Mazda, and other luxury brands.

Based on what I've heard, di kaya ayusin ng casa (hyundai / kia) ang kotse kapag medyo complicated ang problem, kaya dinadaan nila sa delaying tactics, warranty terms just to deny responsibility. Napadaan ako sa isang dealership ng Hyundai last time (kelangan ko ba banggitin yung specific location?) mag iinquire lang ako, di pa ako interested kausapin, parang lumalabas ayaw nila ng taong pumasok sa dealership nila.

Pano na kung nakabili na ako & magpaparepair / claim ng warranty, ganun pa din ang attitude? Sayang talaga ang tech ng Hyundai kung di naman nila kaya i-support.

Wala kasi tayong parang John Cadogan dito sa pinas. Straight to the point, transparent, detailed, informative, no BS.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast