New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    we are planning to buy a used vehicle.. but the seller(some government employee) said the transfer of ownership needs to be delayed because there is something about laws here in the philippines which prohibits immediate transfer.

is it okay to deal with this type of arrangement? what or why does it need to be delayed? what should I be cautious about?

I hope someone could help me about this inquiry. God Bless all.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    WALK AWAY!!! There is no such law

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Yep, there is no such law exist. Neither carnap vehicle yan or the vehicle us bound to be reposes by the lending bank

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    baka may problema sa papers yan. cancel mo na, baka ikaw pa sumalo nung problema

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by okey View Post
    we are planning to buy a used vehicle.. but the seller(some government employee) said the transfer of ownership needs to be delayed because there is something about laws here in the philippines which prohibits immediate transfer.

is it okay to deal with this type of arrangement? what or why does it need to be delayed? what should I be cautious about?

I hope someone could help me about this inquiry. God Bless all.
    Tell the seller he's an idiot.

The longest I get to have the unit transferred to my name was two weeks, and that's because of the moron newbies from TMG. We end up going to crime lab just to convince them, ayun pinagalitan ng mga taga crime lab yung mga bagito ng TMG.

Hanap ka na lang ng ibang unit.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Get out of the deal. Sure something fishy behind this.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    You're being fooled!

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    may naecounter na ako ganyan before but the scenario is the car that i was trying to buy was a company car that was awarded to their employees via bidding. may clause sa sec cert na hindi pwede ibenta ng nanalo na employee yun car for a year but its a CLAUSE not a LAW

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    but if you dont know the seller personally. try to look for something else

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    You can save yourself a lot of worries and troubles if you just look for another unit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast