New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Yes.

And its not cheap too.
    2 years ago the.motolite equivalent at the mazda dealership for the cx5 was 15k, more than double the price of an ordinary 2sm battery. and the azda owners i talked to said maswerte na kung tumagal ng 6 months.

tipid ka nga sa gasolina pero gagastos ka naman sa baterya. sakit pa ng ulo.

2. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    i-Stop requires a deep cycle battery. Is that what they gave you, 5x?

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/techn...pecial-battery
    yes, deep cycle batteries. Since onset of car purchase i'd make sure i-stop always deactivated which is all more confusing

3. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    1st, i used to own a mazda bt50. yes it was also "sirain", 3x pinalitan ang turbo and 2 other problems with the turbo hoses. so pabalik-balik ako sa mazda dealership at madami ako nakausap dun na ibang mazda owners na may problem sa i-stop.

hindi ka nagiisa. sirain talaga battery nyang i-stop na yan. imho it is not the system itself but the traffic situation in our country. yang i-stop na yan ok lang yan pag nasa stop light ka at naka-stop. pero sa stop and go traffic natin kahit anong battery ilagay mo hindi talaga kakayanin. and as far as the other mazda owners i talked to ang only solution nila was to turn off i-stop. run you vehicle like any other vehicle, continuous running of the engine with i-stop disabled.

as for the lemon law is concerned forget it. my lawyer looked at my case and the advice i got was "don't even bother". the philippine version of the lemon law is heāvily in favor of car manufacturers. for one, there is a depreciation clause that says the buyer needs to pay depreciation of 20% per year or fraction thereof. so since more than 1 year na yan then the depreciation is 40%. even if you win the case at the dti you will need to pay 40% of the brand new price for them to replace your vehicle or give you a refund less 40%. plus lawyer's fees, e baka wala na matira sa iyo.

what did i do? i sold my bt50. yung tao na din sa dealership ang nagbenta on the condition na hindi ako pwedeng habulin ng buyer at sila ang sasagot. but since the vehicle was still under warranty wala naman naging problem.

so your options are: 1, turn off the i-stop like what the others did. or 2, sell it and pass the headache to someone else. sell it through the dealership with the understanding that it will be an as-is basis sale.
    Wow, great to hear your very own sad experience. Somehow am given light in this predicament am in. Frustrating to hear though what the lemon law is all about...kawawa lang din pala ang consumers.
    Dealer has been aware that ever since, the i-stop feature has never been used since the i-eloop warning complicates the system even more. Selling the car thru the dealer sounds perfect. Will surely look into this.
    BTW, was your mazda BT-50 problem just recent too?

Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    Maybe you can approach local automotive journalists here like james deakin or top gear. They might be able to help you. You can even ask them for help thru their FB pages to get more media mileage to your situation. Flood mazda fb page with complaints too.
    Nice input. Might just look into your suggestion to get some hope

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    1st, i used to own a mazda bt50. yes it was also "sirain", 3x pinalitan ang turbo and 2 other problems with the turbo hoses. so pabalik-balik ako sa mazda dealership at madami ako nakausap dun na ibang mazda owners na may problem sa i-stop.

hindi ka nagiisa. sirain talaga battery nyang i-stop na yan. imho it is not the system itself but the traffic situation in our country. yang i-stop na yan ok lang yan pag nasa stop light ka at naka-stop. pero sa stop and go traffic natin kahit anong battery ilagay mo hindi talaga kakayanin. and as far as the other mazda owners i talked to ang only solution nila was to turn off i-stop. run you vehicle like any other vehicle, continuous running of the engine with i-stop disabled.

as for the lemon law is concerned forget it. my lawyer looked at my case and the advice i got was "don't even bother". the philippine version of the lemon law is heāvily in favor of car manufacturers. for one, there is a depreciation clause that says the buyer needs to pay depreciation of 20% per year or fraction thereof. so since more than 1 year na yan then the depreciation is 40%. even if you win the case at the dti you will need to pay 40% of the brand new price for them to replace your vehicle or give you a refund less 40%. plus lawyer's fees, e baka wala na matira sa iyo.

what did i do? i sold my bt50. yung tao na din sa dealership ang nagbenta on the condition na hindi ako pwedeng habulin ng buyer at sila ang sasagot. but since the vehicle was still under warranty wala naman naging problem.

so your options are: 1, turn off the i-stop like what the others did. or 2, sell it and pass the headache to someone else. sell it through the dealership with the understanding that it will be an as-is basis sale.
    buti dinespatsa mo na yan mazda pickup mo fafa, di ba yun mukhang comedy na pickup

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bought the bt50 feb 2014, sold it aug 2015.

yup OB, yung pickup na may amber kilay.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Hindi talaga okay ang istop sa traffic conditions natin dito sa pinas, lalo na manila. Kaya kapag heavy traffic, off istop ko

For the battery naman, pwede ang amaron, no need to buy the expensive 15k batt from casa. Yun oem batt ko tumagal ng 35 months

Using amaron since june 2016, gumagana istop and no problem so far.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by c_cube; March 25th, 2017 at 01:16 AM.

7. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cube View Post
    Hindi talaga okay ang istop sa traffic conditions natin dito sa pinas, lalo na manila. Kaya kapag heavy traffic, off istop ko

For the battery naman, pwede ang amaron, no need to buy the expensive 15k batt from casa. Yun oem batt ko tumagal ng 35 months

Using amaron since june 2016, gumagana istop and no problem so far.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
    thanks for sharing sir, definitely worth trying!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Nako, plano ko pa naman bumili ng 2nd hand MZ3 2.0, kita naman sa user ko fan talaga ako nito. Mukhang wag muna pala hahaha

9. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by AltisAndMZ3FAN View Post
    Nako, plano ko pa naman bumili ng 2nd hand MZ3 2.0, kita naman sa user ko fan talaga ako nito. Mukhang wag muna pala hahaha
    good choice sir, not worth it talaga... looks can be deceiving

10. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Anong symptoms ang napansin mo bago mo dinala sa dealer? Hard-starting ba o ayaw na talagang mag-start?
    Gaano kalayo ang normal drive mo? baka naman malapit lang kaya di maka-charge ng battery?

Quote Originally Posted by rfj View Post
    Anybody have any idea or inputs on where to go if you are being aggrieved by your car dealer? Bought a brand new but defective car and through provincial dealer is extending continued warranty, the electronic problem persists. Unlike car trouble which are mechanical in nature, spare parts can easily rectify the problem. However, ours is a software issue which even local dealer is not familiar with. Diagnosis is always inaccurate and incomplete. Car's main and international offices are very uncooperative. DTI likewise cannot offer any help since problem with car is already over a year. We seem to be in a dead end. Talong-talo tayong consumer dito. Once bayad na ang kotse, wala ng pakialam ang mga dealers. Laking lugi. What do you think guys?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast