New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Avoid CVTs and DCTs. But between them, I might pick CVTs as they seem to be the lesser evil. DCTs are prone to overheating in extreme traffic.

Toyota CVTs are the most reliable but they are still CVTs... probably wonÂ’t last as long as a conventional auto

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    So the toyota prius/aqua cvt is ok? My sister is buying a used aqua hybrid in her island paradise (fiji).
    it should be ok if low mileage and fluids changed at right intervals. normally owners keep their prius'. if theyre selling.. its rather fishy imo.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Avoid CVTs and DCTs. But between them, I might pick CVTs as they seem to be the lesser evil. DCTs are prone to overheating in extreme traffic.

Toyota CVTs are the most reliable but they are still CVTs... probably wonÂ’t last as long as a conventional auto
    Can you say the same for Golf GTS DCT? Hoping to get one kaso na discontinued.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Can you say the same for Golf GTS DCT? Hoping to get one kaso na discontinued.
    It’s the same but the VW DSG is apparently more reliable than Ford’s. If it were me I won’t get a VW with a dual clutch. Just get a car with a conventional auto. New mazda 3 seems very promising since everyone else seem to be going the CVT route. Wish they’d bring the new Focus here with 8 speed auto though.

The Truth About Dual Clutch Transmission Cars - YouTube

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Keen observation ko po mga Sirs/Madame

CVT..

Talagang Forever ang CVT & Hybrid...

SG, HK, Macau, (SG,[Grab/(Taxi)]. HK, [Uber(both hybrid/DCT)], Macau, Camry Taxi, [both hybrid & gas conventional transmission])

DCT..

as long as na hindi naman abusive usage at high RPM... tatagal naman din ito..

Basta ako.. MT or AT.. alaga sa proper maintenance.. at proper driving.. walang kaba..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlee View Post
    From what I've gathered, yes Toyota CVT's are reliable -- made by aisin. Those with bad CVT's come from jatco. Like the one Nissan uses.
    Mitsu mirage, asx, lancer.

Afaik, mirage uses jatco but there's no confirmed issue YET even after 5 yrs plus in the market.

Suzuki celerio current gen uses cvt as well. Not sure who is the supplier.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Mitsu mirage, asx, lancer.

Afaik, mirage uses jatco but there's no confirmed issue YET even after 5 yrs plus in the market.

Suzuki celerio current gen uses cvt as well. Not sure who is the supplier.

suzuki is jatco also.

small engines wont kill the newer cvts that fast naman. its the accords and the crvs that "might" have issues. altimas and these xtrails and pathfinders included..

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    DCT
    1. Ford Ecosport pre 2018 - definitely problematic
    2. Ford Fiesta, all models?
    3. Ford Focus, all models?
    4. Hyundai Accent diesel
    5. Hyundai Veloster

CVT
    1. Subaru Forester 2015 and later? Ano ba problem nito? Or is it 2014 and later?
    2. Nissan CVTs?
    Incomplete list:

Dual-clutch transmission - Wikipedia

List of automobiles with continuously variable transmissions - Wikipedia

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Most German vehicles use DCT. Euro-designed Ford vehicles also use DCT. There are a few Korean vehicles that also have DCT.

As for CVT, most Japanese manufacturers use them for their vehicles. Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Subaru, and Suzuki.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    This is Aisin's rebuildable 8speed FWD AT.
    Aisin 8-Speed FWD Transaxles - Volvo, Toyota, Lexus, GM - YouTube

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast