New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I agree. 1st tucson, or 2nd forester 2.5xt

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Forester 2.0 still gets a 4-speed AT. And while that 4AT is more than enough when paired with the turbo-engine, it's too long-geared for the 2.0. Has been in every car I've tried it in. Even in the Impreza 2.0, which is the lightest car that still uses this combination, it makes the car feel very sluggish. That said, the suspension of the Forester is quite nice, and space is okay.

The best driving 2WD is the CX7. But it costs as much as some 4WDs. Still, I wouldn't mind the lack of 4WD in this car... most people don't need it. Nice car, but more sporty than comfy, and the back seat is small-ish.

If you're looking at 2WD ATs, the best in the class at the moment is the Tucson with the 2.0 and 6-speed. But only the lower trim-spec Tucsons come in 2WD. Still, the mid-spec 2WD already comes with leather. Space is very good, but I still feel our CR-V is larger inside.
    Last edited by niky; August 9th, 2010 at 10:12 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Better test drive the new Nissan X-Trail. The ride and power are much much better than the CRV, plus it has separate A/C vent for the passengers at the back. Between the CRV, and the X-Trail, I'd go for the X-Trail.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Forester 2.0 still gets a 4-speed AT. And while that 4AT is more than enough when paired with the turbo-engine, it's too long-geared for the 2.0. Has been in every car I've tried it in. Even in the Impreza 2.0, which is the lightest car that still uses this combination, it makes the car feel very sluggish. That said, the suspension of the Forester is quite nice, and space is okay.

The best driving 2WD is the CX7. But it costs as much as some 4WDs. Still, I wouldn't mind the lack of 4WD in this car... most people don't need it. Nice car, but more sporty than comfy, and the back seat is small-ish.

If you're looking at 2WD ATs, the best in the class at the moment is the Tucson with the 2.0 and 6-speed. But only the lower trim-spec Tucsons come in 2WD. Still, the mid-spec 2WD already comes with leather. Space is very good, but I still feel our CR-V is larger inside.
    Agree. Yung interior ng CR-V & luggage space, lamang sa Tucson.

Ang problema eh.... maluwag nga kaso ang tagtag naman

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Agree. Yung interior ng CR-V & luggage space, lamang sa Tucson.

Ang problema eh.... maluwag nga kaso ang tagtag naman
    Funny thing is... it might be the tires.

Just tested the CX7. Even on standard 32 psi settings, it was stiff. Wears Bridgestone Duelers. Felt just like our CR-V when new.

Our CR-V now rides much better. Switched to Kumho SPX sport utility tires. It's still a stiff suspension, but the tires absorb bumps better, allow the suspension to flow with the road more. Worth a try if you're fed up with the way your 2.4 rides.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sayang din kasi yung tires. Makapal pa kasi 24K palang mileage.

Mataas kaya trade-in value ng Dueler H/T natin?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    since you're looking at the cr-v 2wd a/t, i'm assuming that you want practicality.

first off the forester is awd and fc is really bad compared to others even the 2.0 variant. so if you're looking for practicality the forester isn't for you, but the XT will put a smile on your face like no other. when it comes to performance subaru delivers, subaru is known world wide because of it's performance and awd.

xtrail, not sure about the fc of the newer model, but the ride is very good and it can take a beating, off road capabilities is also good and has the best ground clearance out of it's competitors that i will post here. so kung madalas binabaha ang lugar niyo xtrail has the advantage.

cx-7, sayang naka bili na ko ng forester 2.0 nung lumabas to. cx-7 is the most fun for me next to the forester XT, performance is very good and has a very sharp steering. i just hope next year dumating na dito yung turbo awd variant ng cx-7, para pag di parin pinalitan ng subaru yung 4EAT tranny ng XT yon na lang bilin ko.

tucson, if you're going to get the 4wd gl crdi then that's also a good choice, 3rd place siya sakin when it comes to performance kasi even though it's faster than the cx-7 in a straight line, cornering naman better ang cx-7 and for me going fast in and out of a turn is much more fun than driving fast in a straight line. but if you want performance and practicality at the same time tucson crdi is really the best choice. yon nga lang dami na naka tucson ngayon.

suzuki grand vitara, i haven't driven one, rode one, and researched enough on this car. pero sa looks ok din, gwapo din tingnan.

rav4 didn't really bother learning any thing on this car since i have no interest in it.

cr-v, if you're going to get the lower variant of the tucson mag cr-v ka na lang. most practical choice out of all the cars i posted, since it's a honda subok na talaga. good fc, ride is ok, safe din naman, reliable, parts is easy to find and cheaper compared to mazda, subaru not sure if it's cheaper than tucson or xtrail. for me the only down side of the cr-v is, it's such a boring car, no offense to cr-v owners.

anyway cr-v, forester, cx-7, tucson, xtrail are reliable and safe cars naman and all are a good choice in my opinion, depende na lang talaga kung san mo gagamitin at practicality ba, performance or both ang hanap mo.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Yan ang negative side ng Tucson. Marami na agad. Pero ang Premium konti lang Diba niky? :naughty2: haha

Kahit naman ang CR-V. Kasi kahit anong boring nung car, Honda yun

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    cr-v naman kaya madami kasi matagal na dito sa pinas at honda pa alam mo naman mga pinoy maka honda. also na pansin ko karamihan ng driver ng cr-v babae kaya tuloy parang lady car siya, again no offense to cr-v owners. while tucson current model pag labas biglang boom, parang fort at ms, sobra dami agad meron. kahit san sulok ng metro manila ka mag punta may makikita ka, ewan ko lang sa mga province.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 2WD CR-V is actually great. Got to drive a friend's car before. Only issues are the fabric rear seats are slippery and flat... so no shenanigans when you're driving for the family. That, and the 2.0 is ill-suited to the 5-speed gearbox (similar to the issues with the 1.3 AT Jazz/City). Some of the intermediate gears are too long for the 2 liter, though they're perfect for the 2.4. What this means is, you'll need to really boot the gas to overtake sometimes, just to get it to downshift.

The engine itself is nice. Extremely economical compared to the old K20, and smooth, linear power. Why they don't use the R20 in the Civic 2.0, I don't know... maybe they want to give buyers the extra power of the K20 for the extra money.... ika nga... people who spend 1.1m+ on a compact sedan aren't really practical people.

Still, the Tucson 2WD is more comfortable, if not quite as family-sized.

Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Sayang din kasi yung tires. Makapal pa kasi 24K palang mileage.

Mataas kaya trade-in value ng Dueler H/T natin?
    Should be... they're like cockroaches... unkillable.

Ours we changed at around 40k kilometers. Started wearing out due to the high number of highway miles in the rain we were doing. I love the new Kumho Ecsta SPX (one letter away from being impolite... Kumho Ecsta***! ). Can't wait to do a mountain drive or track day with them! But after that Pajero roll-over on Subic, I doubt the track organizers are going to let a CR-V on the racetrack...
    Last edited by niky; August 9th, 2010 at 04:28 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
CRV Alternatives