New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I've been planning to buy a car but I haven't made any decision.

Here are my considerations:

1. Maintenance expenses (change of oil, check-up etc.)
    2. fuel consumption (I'll use the car 2-3 days a week)
    3. Parts availability and price of parts.

I can spend for regular maintenance but I really don't want to be stressed out due to parts. So I want a durable (or robust rather) car.
    But just in case I really have to face that I have to repair and change any part of the car, I want the part is relatively cheaper and easy to get.

CR-V and X-trail are my choices especially X-trail purely based on the looks but I heard they are the gas guzzler so I'm also thinking of Pajero. If you have any other option to recommend me, please do so.

Thank you!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydelion View Post
    I've been planning to buy a car but I haven't made any decision.

I can spend for regular maintenance but I really don't want to be stressed out due to parts. So I want a durable (or robust rather) car.
    But just in case I really have to face that I have to repair and change any part of the car, I want the part is relatively cheaper and easy to get.

CR-V and X-trail are my choices especially X-trail purely based on the looks but I heard they are the gas guzzler so I'm also thinking of Pajero. If you have any other option to recommend me, please do so.

Thank you!
    Roughly same lang sila more or less on the #1 and #2. But I'll say lamang si CRV sa #3. Still, if you want the Xtrail, I'd say pick the Xtrail. It's not like Nissan XTrail parts are extremely hard to source. Harder.. not damn-hard.

The problem with the second-generation CRV is that it isn't really revolutionary. Still, people loved it thanks to its cheaper-than-Altis pricing back in its day thanks to the AUV loophole.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    i have a 03 250x Nissan Xtrail just to give you an idea sir

1. 5000km change oil shell semi synthetic plus filter cost 1,700 plus wala pa SP dun
    2. from San Fernando-Angeles daily trip un route ko using NLEX and highway mix one week cost ng gas ko 95octane roughly nasa 2k pero depende sa route nyo
    3. after a year na nasa akin un unit nasira na is blower, cost me 3k brand new rest wala pa ko napapalitan

performance wise, its fast, strong aircon, maganda suspension, ok naman cargo space madami malalagay. can only seat 5 people ng comfortable. Plus side; you can buy a much newer Xtrail sa budget mo vs sa CRV dahil sa baba ng resale value, downside is available lang sa AT un Xtrail

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    sir with your budget you can have crv 2005 model. tyaga lang sa paghahanap. as for me since this is my car, the good thing i can say about the car: it is spacious, you can fit 7 persons, 2 kids at the back, 3 adults at the middle, 2 at the front not to mention yung mga bagahe. maporma, good for long distance trip, mas tipid at sulit. downfall: gas guzzler sa city driving. stiff ang ride lalo na sa likod. compared with x-trail of course i'll go with crv.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    CR-V you get a free table X-trail you get a free cooler.

if ever you'll going to get the CR-V 2nd gen get the MMC, the ride is much better and i like those quad headlight and big foglights. As for oil change it is every 10k/6mos interval. For better fuel consumption get a M/T.
    Last edited by RC-V; November 26th, 2013 at 05:26 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponkan View Post
    i have a 03 250x Nissan Xtrail just to give you an idea sir

1. 5000km change oil shell semi synthetic plus filter cost 1,700 plus wala pa SP dun
    2. from San Fernando-Angeles daily trip un route ko using NLEX and highway mix one week cost ng gas ko 95octane roughly nasa 2k pero depende sa route nyo
    3. after a year na nasa akin un unit nasira na is blower, cost me 3k brand new rest wala pa ko napapalitan

performance wise, its fast, strong aircon, maganda suspension, ok naman cargo space madami malalagay. can only seat 5 people ng comfortable. Plus side; you can buy a much newer Xtrail sa budget mo vs sa CRV dahil sa baba ng resale value, downside is available lang sa AT un Xtrail
    To TS:
    1. Another option for the change oil interval is to use fully synthetic oil and a very reliable oil filter. You can change every 10000km, Costs me around 3200 kasama na air filter.
    2. About the fuel consumption, i bet there would be negligible difference between the 2, except when you get the MT version of the CRV. Im also on 95 octane and averaging 7-7.5km/L city. For highways, 9-10km/L is achievable. Maybe im just light footed, but for other X-Trail users, they average 6.5km/L.
    3. No idea, wala pako pinapalitan na major part on my 2006 model xtrail. But i think my fan is due for replacement or maybe cleaning lang.

Also, you could get a newer model xtrail compared to the crv because of the resale value. for 400k, maybe you could still get 2007 model if you're lucky.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    If you can pony up for the third-generation CRV. Now that'll be better as its a huge jump above the second-generation in terms of interior quality and ride suspension. But the interior quality alone is worth getting more. If you're going to get a car, might as well get one that ages better.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydelion View Post

If you can stretch your budget, get the field master pajero. It's a better vehicle than the crv and xtrail. Mas mahal lang parts pero the engine is really tough.

From the choices, I'll get the 03 crv. Better if 05 crv.

1. Almost the same naman sa change oil. Check up and labor, medyo mas mahal maningil mga kilala ko shop sa xtrail kasi mas Marami daw kinakalas.
    2. Pretty much the same. 5 to 6 km/l on both for city drive.
    3. Panalo crv dito. Mas mura and madali maghanap. Xtrail more expensive on some parts but acceptable on other parts.