New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Hi , my Hyundai Accent CRDi 2010 will be sold next week. Im finding myself a compact car with the looks and reasonable FC.

Which of these are the best and why?

Hyundai Elantra 1.6 GL A/T
    Hyundai Elantra 1.8 GLS A/T
    Honda Civic 1.8S A/T
    Toyota Altis 1.6G/V A/T
    Chevrolet Cruze 1.8 LS A/T

I removed Lancer EX GLX/GLS on my list since i find the interior pretty bland for my taste.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    No Focus among the choices? On the options above, I would go for the Elantra GLS.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Depends on your route, but if you're after FC, then you're better of with the 1.6L's. I suggest you get the Elantra for this one. But then remember that none of these choices will be as fuel efficient or pull as strong as your current ride. Don't you want to consider the new Accent CRDi?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Actually i considered it.. But parang gusto ko na uli ng gasoline.. gusto ko uli maramdaman un walang vibration un sasakyan mo.

Elantra 1.6 MT or AT? Di ba underpowered pag A/T na 1.6 Elantra? Parang analaki ng body?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    For now ang route ko is like 6km lang balikan na yan office bahay.. but next year pag napatayo ko na un bahay ko sa guiguinto bulacan. my route will be Guiguinto to Tayuman Manila.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Elantra 1.6 GL has the most output among the 1.6L compacts. Next one is the Focus 1.6L. The City/Jazz 1.5L even has more output compared to the Altis 1.6L and Lancer EX 1.6L.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Will my Fuel Consumption suffer drastically pag nag A/T ako na Elantra 1.6 rather than M/T

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexdrex View Post
    Will my Fuel Consumption suffer drastically pag nag A/T ako na Elantra 1.6 rather than M/T
    you have 2010 hyundai accent, IMHO mas maganda 2013 Hyundai Accent CRDi. nakatulo ng laway ang itsura, parang volester (ba iyun, hehehe). - wala sa choices mo to?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Elantra 1.6 GL has the most output among the 1.6L compacts. Next one is the Focus 1.6L. The City/Jazz 1.5L even has more output compared to the Altis 1.6L and Lancer EX 1.6L.
    Altis (122 ps) has more power than City/Jazz (120 ps). But more importantly, these paper specs don't always translate to real world performance. The Lancer has good gearing that makes the most of its 115 hp engine. The Jazz/City feel like 1.3s when you're below 3,000 rpm, but has impressive top-end power that beats most 1.6s.

Quote Originally Posted by brainmafia_310 View Post
    you have 2010 hyundai accent, IMHO mas maganda 2013 Hyundai Accent CRDi. nakatulo ng laway ang itsura, parang volester (ba iyun, hehehe). - wala sa choices mo to?
    Ayaw daw ng diesel. Also, though the FC and performance of the Accent CRDi is mind-blowing, these compacts beat it out in other aspects (space, comfort, refinement, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Dexdrex View Post
    You lose about 0.5-1 km/L with an AT compared to an MT, but it differs per car. Just keep in mind that none of these cars will be as efficient as your Accent.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Best option will be the most value for the same amount of money. Or kung ano talaga napupusuan mo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast