New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Hi Everyone,

I was looking for a second hand car months ago but due to the recent flooding, I ended up choosing between a brand new City 1.3s AT (761k) and Altis 1.6E MT (764k - already discounted). I will be using the car daily going to office (about 30kms roundtrip). On weekends, I might drive the car to Quezon (about 300kms roundtrip).

The main reason I'm comparing the two cars on a different class is because of its price.

Which of them offers best value for my money?

City
    1. Good exterior design. Love it.
    2. Already automatic.
    3. Has better interior than Altis.
    4. With airbags, keyless entry..
    5. Better steering feedback.

Altis
    1. Bigger car. Not sure what's the advantage..
    2. Cheaper maintenance?
    3. Bigger engine is more suited for such long travel?

Thanks,
    Adrian

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    one thing is for sure, you'll save more gas money with the city

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jozef_10 View Post
    one thing is for sure, you'll save more gas money with the city
    Thanks, Josef. Noted.

+1 for City for FC.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    paano kaya sa maintenance?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    features wise, lamang talaga ang City. but in terms of roominess and comfort, Altis na talaga. it's a toss up between a subcompact (City) versus a compact (Altis). IMO, mas suitable pa din pag long drives ang Altis which has a greater engine displacement than the City. meron akong nabasa somewhere that the 1.3 City tends to have higher revs during highway cruising equating to an increase in FC. pero pag city driving lang, ok na ok yung 1.3 City.

for me, i would pick the Altis 1.6E for it has a very very comfortable ride, it is roomy (also has a very huge trunk) and it also has good quality interior plastics.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I will get the Corolla Altis with your intended use.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    For long drives, altis 1.6 for me. Saka hindi rin naman bare ito in terms of interior..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Altis din for me.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    The Altis is fuel efficient already for its own kind. i think you don't need to worry about that- same goes with the maintenance... it wont be that much of a difference. Better yet, you can ask the dealers you inquired originally on how much someone would spend per PMS this type of overview is being done at C! Magazine when they publish running costs in line with their road tests.

Equipment wise, i believe that the Altis E and the City S are of the same level- power features, interior trim and seats (walang 60/40 seatback split though...) and upscale looks (no more black bumpers...)

...and if you are not conscious of the absence of a front passenger airbag (which the City 1.3 S has) the go for the Altis.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by i.am.aids View Post
    Thanks, Josef. Noted.

+1 for City for FC.
    ang masasabi ko bro, hindi gaanong magkakalayo ang FC nila. Why? 1.3 A/T ang City, 1.6 M/T ang Altis na kukunin mo. Kaunting-kaunti lang ang lamang ng City sa FC baka nga almost 1 liter lang dahil nga matic ito.

I'll go for the Altis, you can enjoy its power too on long trips.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
city 1.3s or altis 1.6E